Installation on ASUS lyra fails - ERROR in instruction!

I tried installing on ASUS Lyra but after step 1 "Reboot - F" the router never comes online again.

• Enable ssh in the OEM firmware (use port 22).

• Copy openwrt-ipq40xx-generic-asus_map-ac2200-initramfs-fit-uImage.itb via scp to /tmp/

• mtd-write -d linux -i /tmp/openwrt-ipq40xx-generic-asus_map-ac2200-initramfs-fit-uImage.itb

• reboot -f

• Wait for it to reboot

****************** Here it should say that the IP has changed! ***********************

Seems the only recovery is serial and TFTP

Are you sure that you're connected to the correct ethernet port, the one directly next to the power socket (the other is WAN)?

I've flashed by MAP-AC2200 that way and it's been working fine for me (I'd recommend master- or 21.02 snapshots due to the fixes for its power levels). It's correct that if anything has gone wrong, the only way to recover this device is via serial console (it has a recovery mode, but it doesn't work/ can't re-create the UBI partitioning it expects - and which isn't shared by OpenWrt).

Hi!

I am on the LAN port
I upload and "run" the first file, followed by reboot -f
Now the Switch has changed IP from 192.168.72.1 to 192.168.1.1.

I have just done all my three Lyra

Are you running VLAN on yours?, I cant get my VLAN to leave the router..., It works internaly but my HP Switch doesn't get any taged frames...

Would kill for a working etc/config/network :slight_smile:

and

Probably apply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.