Install on litebeam_5ac_gen2

Hello. Now I get the message "No space left on device". Segmentation fault.

There should be plenty of space in /tmp. Run df -h to check free space on the drives.

The segmentation fault is because the /tmp/fwupdate.real binary is corrupt, which may also be related to lack of space in /tmp.

Thank you. I'll look for another laptop with more flash, to see if I don't get that error.

Hello. I've gone down to version 8.5.7 and it seems to be progressing better. But in the end it comes out message Illegal instruction

That's the wrong patch code. For 8.5.7, the code is:
hexdump -Cv /bin/ubntbox | sed 's/14 40 fe fd/00 00 00 00/g' | hexdump -R > /tmp/fwupdate.real
Your latest screenshot shows 14 40 fd with the fe missing. That will produce an incorrect new fwupdate.real binary. It's a good idea to copy and paste the line from the wiki page to ensure correctness.

Here is a log of a successful install on one of my Litebeam 5AC gen2 units. I've taken md5sums of each file for you to compare. Your md5 results should match, indicating the files are the same.

WA.v8.5.7# md5sum /bin/ubntbox
df4a7383fca5ad6d8609c806d79ecada  /bin/ubntbox
WA.v8.5.7# hexdump -Cv /bin/ubntbox | sed 's/14 40 fe fd/00 00 00 00/g' | hexdump -R > /tmp/fwupdate.real
WA.v8.5.7# md5sum /tmp/fwupdate.real
f2716255cb7a3e03bff3a1a2a1a21cfd  /tmp/fwupdate.real
WA.v8.5.7# chmod +x /tmp/fwupdate.real
WA.v8.5.7# md5sum /tmp/openwrt-21.02.2-ath79-generic-ubnt_litebeam-ac-gen2-squashfs-factory.bin 
b7c149ef44a6b4a0152f28dbe46c8336  /tmp/openwrt-21.02.2-ath79-generic-ubnt_litebeam-ac-gen2-squashfs-factory.bin 
WA.v8.5.7# /tmp/fwupdate.real -m /tmp/openwrt-21.02.2-ath79-generic-ubnt_litebeam-ac-gen2-squashfs-factory.bin 
Writing 'kernel         ' to /dev/mtd2(kernel         ) ...  [%100]
Writing 'rootfs         ' to /dev/mtd3(rootfs         ) ...  [%100]
Done

Please copy and paste into a code box rather than post screenshots.

Thank you very much for your great help. It has been solved!!!. I am already starting to configure openwrt in access point mode to broadcast a signal to a house 30 meters away.
Greetings mk24.

Hola Pacoyiyo, solucionaste la instalación del openwrt, yo ahora tengo la misma antena y quisiera de su ayuda, porfa..

The preferred language in the OpenWrt forum is english.
When writing in your native language, please always provide an english translation.
This way other users all around the world can take part in the discussion and possibly benefit from the outcome, without having to use a translator.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, I wrote to Pacoyiyo because he was able to solve the problem and he speaks in Spanish, but if there is someone else who understands the subject and wants to help, I would really appreciate it, I have the ubiquiti 5ac gen2

1 Like