Install failed with RE200v3 (fw:1.1.3)

I tried to install OpenWRT on RE200v3 but could not do so from the firmware update screen of the WebUI.

The following topic said I could downgrade the firmware, but firmware 1.1.0 seems to be missing from the official site.

If the firmware cannot be found, is the only way to install it directly from the serial console?

I got mine flashed a few months ago - let me check notes regarding the process… will edit this post over the weekend

Hmm, didn’t record the TP-link version I started from. Must have been default as I didn’t download any old version.

OpenWRT firmware was
openwrt-21.02.2-ramips-mt76x8-tplink_re200-v3-squasfs-factory.bin , which was simply renamed to factory.bin because of some filename length limitation in the TP-link upgrade process

Thanks for the reply. Now I'm on the latest firmware too, so I'll rename the file and give it a try.

@ h-tagami, did installation with renamed firmware succeed ?

@fodiator
i tried update with rename firmware. failed several times, but stable build succeeded.
but. i can't access ssh console and webui. (maybe stable build is not have web interface)

admin@10.10.10.4's password:
PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
shell request failed on channel 0
$ ssh admin@10.10.10.4 bin/sh -i
admin@10.10.10.4's password:
exec request failed on channel 0

I repeated it several times, but I'm still in trouble because the problem isn't solved.

worked for me (includes luci and ssh). Default IP is 192.168.1.1
By the way, the reset button at the bottom of the device reverts to the clean install...