Initramfs-kernel.bin to Fritzbox 7362 SL

Hello

I am trying to install openwrt on a Fritzbox 7362 SL following the instructions.
I am unable to enter the box using the scripts_flashing_eva_ramboot.py script and use the IP address 192.168.178.1.
Connection error:

mint @ mint: ~ $ python3 eva_ramboot.py 192.168.178.1 openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-avm_fritz7362sl-initramfs-kernel.bin
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "eva_ramboot.py", line 29, in <module>
     ftp = FTP (args.ip, 'adam2', 'adam2')
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/ftplib.py", line 117, in __init__
     self.connect (host)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/ftplib.py", line 152, in connect
     source_address = self.source_address)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/socket.py", line 724, in create_connection
     raise err
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/socket.py", line 713, in create_connection
     sock.connect (sa)
OSError: [Errno 113] No route to host

What's wrong?

Your client has a static IP in the same subnet?

Yes, the client address is static 192.168.178.100

If you set a continuous ping running do you get a reply with the first 5 seconds of powering on the device?

If not, you might need to connect a switch inline between the fritzbox and your laptop/PC so that the pc/laptop detects a link and brings up the interface independent of what the fritz box is doing (which is initially powered off)

Continuous ping does not receive a response from the first 5 seconds of turning on the device without a switch and with a connection through the switch.
I receive a response to ping only after a full load Fritz. What exact port is needed for firmware?

The script is trying to make a regular ftp connection. Ports 20 and 21.

Do you always see this same error above on every attempt? it’s possible your router boot loader has a different ip. Try 192.168.1.1. When your router boots up into oem firmware what ip does it have?

If you are familiar with tcpdump set that running and see what packets are floating around during boot.

Try other lan ports on the device too

Thanks to all. The problem is resolved after the recovery firmware fritz.box_7362_sl-07.12-recover. Then it was possible to connect to the Lan2 device and install OpenWrt.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.