I wana remove the lede and go back too the stock linksys softwhere

hi can someone help me here idk anything about this and everytime i try to install the stock softwhere it is saying

:: The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

You forgot to mention your router and that affects the correct answer...

But based on your error message I guess that your have one of the wrt1900/1200/3200ac routers and the question is discussed in e.g. these threads:

In nutshell, you need to flash with manual sysupgrade from console using the force option -F, so download/copy the correct Linksys firmware to /tmp, ssh into the router, cd to /tmp and run sysupgrade -n -F linksysfirmware.img

iam sry yes i have linksys 1200ac

idont know where is the console for the sysupgrade and idk the ways pls help

console just means the normal ssh connection to the terminal, so that you can issue commands from command-line with keyboard. The traditional command-line-interface :wink:

You need to use ssh, putty or whatever tool is suitable for your PC.

ssh into the router (putty or similar from a windows machine

it is saying /tmp permission denied ... what i can do now ?

it is saying /tmp permission denied ... what i can do now ?

find a webserver that you can put the image on and use the URL feature of
sysupgrade

or put it on a network share and mount that share from the router

iam sry m8 idk how 2 do it can you tell me step by step iam really sry bt idk alot about this things :frowning:

iam sry m8 idk how 2 do it can you tell me step by step iam really sry bt idk alot about this things :frowning:

iam sry i know i ask alot bt i swaer i dont know about this things so for give me m8

1. There is also an entry in the OpenWRT-Wiki how to go back to stock firmware.

2. If you are getting an error message while trying this, please post the excat command you are using and the exact error message. Else nobody will be able to help you.

There is an easier way: you can try to boot from the "backup" partition in the router (I've done that many times with my e4200v2, it seems that WRT AC series have them too) that involves only playing with the power.

You can follow the instructions in the same link posted by MagicSimi:
Firmware Recovery - Manually switch the router from primary to alternate partition or vice versa [backup] partition