I need some help... I can not reach my router after installing OpenWrt

Hi.

I installed this: lede-17.01.4-ramips-mt7620-dch-m225-squashfs-factory.bin, using the update interface of my router, a D-Link DCH-M225.
Well, but now I can not connect to the router, because I can not see it on the router list.
I just read here on another post that Wireless is disabled by default for security, but how can I connect to the router now? This router does not have any port to connect.
Thanks for any help.

https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/bcfbeae79f799cf1087d692e4869589eb20d2080

suggests that you can enable the wlan by pressing the device's wps button, wait for the device to have fully booted up (2-3 minutes) before trying.

Don't know about your hardware but I'm guessing you will need serial access now :open_mouth: wifi is disabled by default in openwrt

I just found on another post, about the same router, a solution to revert to original firmware.

"The good news is that it is possible to recover to original d-link firmware by using the reset+ power (holding the pin in the reset hole for about 5s while powering the unit), an open wifi network appears and the recovery menu can be accessed using a browser on ip 192.168.0.50." by jedrek.

But, that means I can not use the Openwrt with this router? Is there a version with Wireless enabled by default?

WPS button didn't worked.
I already reinstalled the original firmware. But I guess, I can not use Openwrt with this one.

You could probably compile your own with wifi settings in place and enabled

Well, I don't know how to do that. rsrsrss

It's actually not that hard to build your own, esp if you already have a Debian box, by using the ImageBuilder. If you don't you can run it in a VM, hosted under Windows if you like.