I keep getting initramfs-kernel.bin instead sysupgrade (TL-MR3220 v1)

I downloaded 19.07 branch from github and Im trying to compile image for my mr3220v1 and I keep getting initramfs-kernel.bin instead sysupgrade.bin or squashfs-factory.bin. What Im doing wrong ?

TL-MR3220 v1 is a 4/32 device.
Most likely your image is too big.

See what you can do now: https://openwrt.org/supported_devices/openwrt_on_432_devices

I changed img size in openwrt-19.07/target/linux/ar71xx/image/tiny-tp-link.mk Im planing to upgrade it to 16meg's it compiles nice when I select ar71xx but with ath79 I'm getting ram version

Well you're basically writing it but not seeing it. ar71xx yields ar71xx images. That's the file you changed. You want an ath79 image... You can end that sentence (and replace the file path) yourself I guess :smile:

Ath79 is a DTS based target so you might need more than just specifying a larger image size in the Makefile.

1 Like

Oooo I'v been changing wrong file tnx @Borromini

1 Like

I think that you need to change at least this (and also copy/move the next partition, so that you do not overwrite wifi calibration)

and

Ps. I just noticed that you are working with 19.07. My examples were from master, but the contents should be roughly similar in 19.07

2 Likes

Yes tnx I update those accordingly for 16 megs of flash

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.