on a device I own -- Xunlog Orange Pi Plus 2 -- A sunxi sun8i Allwinner H3 Cortex A7 device -- I got onboard hardware working which was not selectable in the main OpenWrt
- DRM Display driver (LIMA GPU/ sun4i-drmdrmfb framebuffer), allowing to set the video mode of the framebuffer (useful if a small display for status display is attached to the HDMI port),
- Audio in and out.
All that only by modifying some kernel config by hand and copying some files from the
build_dir/ over to the machine -- i.e. all from the OpenWrt sources, no extra sources.
Where/ whom to contact to discuss the details so that selecting those features can be incorporated into the OpenWrt build system? Basically this is just telling about kernel config, which ideally could be implemented as choosable options in the OpenWrt configuration.
So far, I then only miss on that hardware support for:
- CSI Camera (tested the
- Onboard WiFi (it's a Realtek RTL8189ETV, which does not seem to be supported in mainline),
- the right push button (which is the "boot" button: Selects boot to FEL mode when held down during power on).
And not tested yet:
- Infrared (not tested yet, might just work),
- Onboard SATA (it is connected via USB),
- the various GPIO pins.
And not tinkered with yet:
- Support for the touchscreen I have via GPIO/ SPI.