I get chicken/egg situation after firmware update on D-Link DIR-2660

Hi guys,
I have D-Link DIR-2660 A1 router with Quectel LTE EP06-E modem attached to it over USB cable. In order to make modem operable I had to install these packages/kernel modules:
usb-modeswitch kmod-mii kmod-usb-net kmod-usb-wdm kmod-usb-net-qmi-wwan uqmi kmod-usb-serial-option kmod-usb-serial kmod-usb-serial-wwan luci-proto-qmi
But every time I update a firmware all packages are gone and my internet connection get lost. The worst part is that I can't restore it, because in order to install packages I need internet access which is lost. It took me a lot of effort to restore everything back.
Is there a good solution to get around this situation without compiling custom firmware for my router?
Thanks

The solution to your problem is: Compile an image with the packages already included.

1 Like

quick and dirty:
share internet from your phone, wirelessly.
go into wifi section of the router, do a scan and join, then install the packages you need.

but as @tmomas pointed out, using a pre-customized image is the (proper) way to go.

OK guys, Thanx!

You can also use the firmware selector, which allows you to include packages (just like the SDK). No need to compile yourself: https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.