I can't open Openwrt with 192.168.1.1

Hello!
Again I had to re-install the OpenWRT firmware in the Xiaomi AC2100 R2100 router. The other time I couldn't open the page with 192.168.1.1, but I solved the problem with your help going to SSH. Thank you very much!!
Now I have a similar problem. I did the whole installation correctly, but nothing appears in the browser when typing 192.168.1.1
I don't have access to SSH. What could you do?
Thanks

https://openwrt.org/faq/can_not_connect_via_webbrowser
You do not need snapshot for long supported devices.

1 Like

Thanks! But I have difficulties. I have already downloaded the packages from the website for OpenWRT 23.05 aarch64_cortex-a72 (Xiaomi AC2100 R2100 router).
Via Windows 10, how do I pass these packages to SSH? Through PuTTY? Which way?
I do it according to the page
"# Upload packets to the router
ssh root@openwrt.lan mkdir -p /tmp/luci-offline
scp *.ipk root@openwrt.lan:/tmp/luci-offline

Install packages

ssh root@openwrt.lan opkg install /tmp/luci-offline/*.ipk

Clean up

ssh root@openwrt.lan rm -f -R /tmp/luci-offline"
but I get an error right at the beginning. Do you have an example ready? The files are on the Windows 10 computer Users/john/Downloads/Folder/files.ipk

Thank you for your patience. I apologize as I am very new to the area.

Did you copy the files to the router via scp?

what is the error you are getting?

Why not simply ssh into the device and then issue the commands from the router's command line (usually more reliable than issuing commands in-line in the ssh call).

Question: Did you copy the files to the router via scp?
Answer: Yes, I copied it via scp.

Question: What error are you getting?
Answer: File or Directory not found

Question: Why not simply ssh into the device and then issue the commands from the router's command line (generally more reliable than issuing commands inline in the ssh call).
Answer: I don't know if I understand correctly (I use Google translator!) but the "opkg update" commands in SSH return download failure or not permission to do so. Therefore, the "opkg install luci" command does not find the necessary files.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTTION!!

try establishing an ssh connection to your router first, then do the installation.

ssh root@192.168.1.1

Then...

opkg install /tmp/luci-offline/*.ipk

If that doesn't work, let's see the output of the above as well as:

ls /tmp/luci-offline/

Two things:
First, if looks like the install path is likely invalid.

Second, please use the "Preformatted text </>" button for logs, scripts, configs and general console output.
grafik
Please edit your post accordingly. Thank you! :slight_smile:

(don't use screenshots).

Next, let's see:

ls /tmp/
ls /tmp/luci-offline
root@OpenWrt:~# ls /tmp/luci-offline/
root@OpenWrt:~# ls /tmp
TZ             dnsmasq.d      lib            luci-offline   resolv.conf    shm            tmp
board.json     etc            lock           opkg-lists     resolv.conf.d  state          usr
dhcp.leases    hosts          log            overlay        run            sysinfo
root@OpenWrt:~# ^C

it looks like you did not successfully copy the files to /tmp/luci-offline/ based on the fact that there are no files listed when you issue this:

root@OpenWrt:~# ssh root@openwrt.lan mkdir -p /tmp/luci-offline
root@openwrt.lan's password: 
root@OpenWrt:~# scp /Users/fcpsp/Downloads/Pacote_OpenWRT/liblua5.1.5_5.1.5-10_aarch64_cortex-a72.ipk root@openwrt.lan:/tmp/luci-
root@openwrt.lan's password: 
/Users/fcpsp/Downloads/Pacote_OpenWRT/liblua5.1.5_5.1.5-10_aarch64_cortex-a72.ipk: No such file or directory
root@OpenWrt:~# 

Here, you're already ssh'd into the router, so you're trying to copy files that don't exist on the router (/Users/fcpsp/Downloads/Pacote_OpenWRT/liblua5.1.5_5.1.5-10_aarch64_cortex-a72.ipk) to the router. Thus, no files are copied .

Thanks! But what should I type?

you should copy the files from your PC to your router.

Maybe you'll find winscp easier (that is a program that runs on your PC).

1 Like

I installed WinSCP. Tomorrow I'll do some research on it. That's it for now. Thank you very much. Like every day, tomorrow I will have 3 jobs. By night I hope to have this resolved.
Goodnight!

Good afternoon! I did as you said: I sent the packets to the Xiaomi AC2100 R2100 router through WinSCP. After sending the packages, I opened Xshel (SSH) and typed "opkg install luci". It reported that the package could not be installed. I typed the command "df -h" to check the available memory on the router. I saw that it was already 100% used.

OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r26047-7ebcf2fb9c
 -----------------------------------------------------
root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install luci
Unknown package 'luci'.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci.

root@OpenWrt:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 4.0M      4.0M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    58.3M    604.0K     57.7M   1% /tmp
/dev/ubi0_1              97.1M    160.0K     92.2M   0% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       97.1M    160.0K     92.2M   0% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev

Good morning, afternoon or night! As I couldn't access via IP 192.168.1.1 nor "opkg update" I switched to offline installation. I did as indicated by this great team: I sent the packets to the Xiaomi AC2100 R2100 router through WinSCP. After sending the packages, I opened Xshel (SSH) and typed "opkg install luci". It reported that the package could not be installed. I typed the command "df -h" to check the available memory on the router. I saw that it was already 100% used. Is this the problem? How can I resolve this?
Thanks

OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r26047-7ebcf2fb9c
 -----------------------------------------------------
root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install luci
Unknown package 'luci'.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci.

root@OpenWrt:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 4.0M      4.0M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    58.3M    604.0K     57.7M   1% /tmp
/dev/ubi0_1              97.1M    160.0K     92.2M   0% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       97.1M    160.0K     92.2M   0% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev

Why not install release and configure wan?
You need to select filename to install uploaded package.

You’re not out of storage. That is the rom partition.

Your problem is that you are not properly specifying the path for where the files are located.

1 Like

Good morning!
Interesting! How do I do this procedure?