I can't access my router through ssh and webinterface

Hello. I'm new to OpenWRT. I just install OpenWRT on my TP-LINK WR1043NDv4 and do some configuration for my final project in collage. after the configuration on /etc/network have been done. i can't ssh to my router or access the web interface. i'm following the configuration from some blog site that also use WR1043ND but v2. Please help me to access my router again or if that's not possible, how i can recover it back to the initial state (like flashing OpewnWRT again) or to the OEM firmware.

This is the configuration

config interface 'loopback'
	option ifname 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'fd9e:ad02:4a25::/48'

# dhcp wan for management
config interface 'wan'
	option ifname 'eth0'
	option proto 'dhcp'

config interface 'wan6'
	option ifname 'eth0'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'

config switch
	option name 'switch0'
	option reset '1'
	option enable_vlan '1'
	option enable_learning '0'

# The OpenWRT wiki says that WAN should always be vlan 2
# and all others start at vlan 3.
config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '2'
	option ports '5 6'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '3'
	option ports '1 0t'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '4'
	option ports '2 0t'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '5'
	option ports '3 0t'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '6'
	option ports '4 0t'

# eth1.* should be static and controlled by the controller
config interface 'lan1'
	option ifname 'eth1.3'
	option proto 'static'

config interface 'lan2'
	option ifname 'eth1.4'
	option proto 'static'

config interface 'lan3'
	option ifname 'eth1.5'
	option proto 'static'

config interface 'lan4'
	option ifname 'eth1.6'
	option proto 'static'

You can try Failsafe Mode.
Check https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd under Failsafe Mode.

2 Likes

Configuration has changed over the years so many blog posts are outdated. Once you get the device into failsafe mode, Iā€™d suggest resetting to defaults.

What setup are you trying to configure? You can probably get what you need from the wiki and have questions answered here.

1 Like

Okay, i'll try the failsafe mode

I'm trying to setup my router as OpenFlow-enabled router with OpenvSwitch according to the blog and using OpenDayLight as my controller.

I'll try it, thanks

I think the issue you have with the configuration you tried to apply is that you seem to have deleted VLAN 1, which is the one that is on the LAN zone out of the box, and created other VLANs that are not assigned LAN zone. It's difficult to know for sure without seeing your firewall configuration, but as @jeff said, if you are not sure, better ask the question before locking yourself out.

Hmmm... I see, you might be correct. i have one more question, according to the blog that i reference at, i need to update the opkg list with opkg update command, but it seems like my router (before the disaster happen) can't to connect my modem network so i can't update that, i even can't ping google (it's says bad address), and the update command return error suggest me to check my network settings or connectivity. could you help me with that? if my router can back to normal with failsafe thing.

People here are very helpful. Get access to your router an then we will see.

Note that there is a limit on the number of posts a new forum user can make. Reading and interacting with other topics helps with lifting this limit, but I just wanted to give you heads up so that you avoid sending several short posts meanwhile.

1 Like

My router already back to normal ! thanks. but i do it with full recovery mode rather than failsafemode. but then again thank you, in case my configuration gone wrong again, ill try the failsafe mode. and for the 'cannot update opkg' thing, i found an old post that talk about that, i already try it, but my router still can't update or even ping to outside (internet). should i make another post discussion separately ?

You could create another post if you want.

If this issue is solved, please mark it as such. Select the Solution box underneath the reply with the solution
grafik

You configured four LAN networks as "static", but you did not assign any IP address to those interfaces.

2 Likes

Yes, i'm just aware of that, thanks !

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.