How will OpenWrt CC 15.05 be updated?

How will OpenWrt CC 15.05 be updated? How do you arrange limited security and bug fixes?
Why does The openWrt home page display "The openWrt CC 15.05 release series will receive a limited amount of security and bug fixes, but is not yet fully integrated in our release automation,So binary releases are neuron behind for now."?
Is this message not updated to the openWrt home page in time?

AFAIK 15.05 will not receive any updates any more.

1 Like

Why does The openWrt home page display "The openWrt CC 15.05 release series will receive a limited amount of security and bug fixes, but is not yet fully integrated in our release automation,So binary releases are neuron behind for now.
"?
Is this message not updated to the openWrt home page in time?
thand you!

Oh, you are right (and I am wrong).

hi:

Can you help me understand how openWrt CC 15.05 will be updated?

Practically speaking, I think you should assume 15.05 will not be updated ever again, and the quoted text is out of date. If you assume this I think you will make choices to move on to the later versions. In some sense, 17.x and 18.x are the updates, and they are where the effort seems to be going.

The last build was March 2016, there is no active branch for 15.05 on https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/branches or https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=heads

It is safe to say it is end-of-life

Here is git for CC 15.05

OK,thanks you!

I'm just worried about the stability of LEDE 17.x because it's updated too often.It's so hard for me to make a choice.Can you recommend a stable LED version?

17.01.4 was put out in October last year, 17.01.5 just came out, I hardly think that's "too often". If i were installing LEDE today I'd start with trying out 18.06-rc2 and hope that worked with my devices, and look to upgrade when the final release is out. If it had problems, I'd fall back to 17.01.5

OK,thanks you!

I'm just worried about the stability of LEDE 17.x because it's updated too often.Can you recommend a stable LED version?

OK,Thank you for you suggestion.And I think I can choose the version.

Just to close the loop: The page has been updated now.

The OpenWrt CC 15.05 release series did receive a limited amount of security and bug fixes, but due to its lacking integration in the release automation, no further binary image releases were made.

-> 15.05 will receive no further updates.

1 Like

ok,I know it.I now choose 17.01.05 as the base version.

thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.