- Are there different ways to do it ? Like for installing packages on it or using it for NAS, is the method different .
- File System ?
- Packages ? There are 3 groups of package on different pages of openwrt documentation -
- usbutils kmod-usb-storage-uas kmod-usb-storage
- block-mount e2fsprogs kmod-fs-ext4 kmod-usb-storage kmod-usb2 kmod-usb3
- kmod-usb-core kmod-usb3
- What things I can do with USB storage ?
- Download to it - files and torrents
- File Server
- Install Packages to it
1 the router becomes the NAS
2 pick one
4 all of them
RE: There is only 1 "way" to use USB storage on openwrt. it isn't like I can only use it for NAS or installing package or something else.. ?
How to choose file system? pros and cons ?
OK i need
kmod-fs-ext4is for file system,
kmod-usb3for USB 3 support,
what else do I need or should install ?
do I need
block-mount, e2fsprogs, kmod-usb-core, usbutils, kmod-usb-storage-uas, kmod-usb-storage
What else can I do with USB storage on Openwrt ?
1 No, you can use it for both
2 google it, there are several options
3 probably all of them except for e2fsprogs
4 if you use floppies for storage, they are able to play tunes
Have you worked through this page? https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/storage/usb-drives-quickstart
Since you can have more than one partition, you can do both, and keep them apart.
How to download and run packages to USB flashdrive