How to reset to default settings

Yes i think so "openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" << i hope this is a stable build!?

The sysupgrade -n command will upgrade wihtout saving defaults on the command line. You will wget the file to /tmp directory and then run the command.

1 Like

Yes, that's the right one.

1 Like

The command sysupgrade -n open up the upgrade-options.

What i have to do next?

Sry i don't want to make a mistake now and want to fix the problem finally soon!

You did download a file to use the sysupgrade command on, correct?

The file where you confirmed it was the right one?

How can i install this file without a functional webinterface.

Or how i can do it with SSH < step by step PLZ .... I'm not very good at handling commands......

Put the file in /tmp either by wget as @lleachii suggested or by scp, then ssh in, cd to tmp and run -

sysupgrade -n openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

It will reboot, wait a few minutes then go to 192.168.1.1 to see if it was successful.

1 Like

Sorry, I can not quite follow

Where is the "/temp"?

How to put the file in with wget or scp?

How to cd to tmp?

Please give me a detailed guide. I've never done that before but now I'm happy to learn. The faster the problem is solved!

Is this the same topic as I have a BIG problem with OpenWrt on my Archer C7 AC1750 2.0 ?

If so, you might want to pick one of the two threads and close off the other.

1 Like

ok but I hope that the people from here will continue to help me because the problem is still there!

If you do the following upon connection with SSH, you'll achieve what is proposed here:

cd /tmp
wget https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.1/targets/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
sysupgrade -n openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

If there are any issues paste here the error.

1 Like

Correction:

cd /tmp
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.1/targets/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

HTTPS is not available by default.

1 Like

wget: SSL support not available, please install one of the libustream-.*[ssl|tls] packages as well as the ca-bundle and ca-certificates packages.
root@OpenWrt:/tmp# sysupgrade -n openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squ

root@OpenWrt:~# cd /tmp
root@OpenWrt:/tmp# wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.1/targets/ar
71xx/generic/openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
Downloading 'http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.1/targets/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin'
Connecting to 148.251.78.235:80
Writing to 'openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin'
openwrt-18.06.1-ar71 100% |*******************************| 3968k 0:00:00 ETA
Download completed (4063236 bytes)
root@OpenWrt:/tmp# sysupgrade -n openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squ
ashfs-sysupgrade.bin

OOOHH dear maybe THAT's IT :heart_eyes: << i'm log in !!!!

Can set a password without any doubt now?

Please close this thread and only use one thread. You risk getting steps from the two threads mixed in with each other and making your situation worse as responders on each thread don't know all the advice you're getting in the other thread.

i close the other one because the solution of the problem i got here

JUST TRY!

If your problem is solved, feel free to mark the relevant post as the solution; and edit the title to add "[SOLVED]" to the beginning (click the pencil behind the topic).

grafik

1 Like

YESsss password is set and i can login!

*@ALL in this thread too: THANK YOU SO MUCH 4 YOUR UNDERSTANDING PATIENCE and KIND HELP

i hope the marked solution was the last correct one

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.