How to make USB router a BT loudspeaker?

Hi there,
I have (for years, started at BB 14.07 on same hardware) following config:
WR-1043ND acting as Internet radio to home cinema amplifier (all digitall):

• wget + madplay + kmod-snd-usb-audio.
    Works perfectly.
    But to play movies from my laptop I have to use analog connection (BT on board).

How (if) can I make my "radio router" to act as BT (adding BT dongle) to appear as BT loudspeaker to my laptop?

Quite current 18.06 OpenWRT, TL WR-1043ND (8/32) device, Analog Devices soundcard (both analog and SPDIF outputs).

It's possible to do using the bluez package, I've done it before for audio and BT
console on a headless PC.
Wasn't using OpenWRT though :confused:

Check out

Ok, reading about it.
As it is for Debian, maybe I'll try it on OrangePi3 (ARM64, Buster) first?
And if it succeeds, then try on OpenWRT (if there is space for all the stuff - USB audio, MP3 decoding, Bluetooth and the "bridge", ALSA to OSS translation too).

Ooops, there is NO package blue(z)-alsa for Fedora24 neither for Debian (Armbian to be exact) 64 for ARM.
Do I have to compile it from sources? (google helps?).
On my OPi3 I have BT device, on IA32 laptop too.

Laurent.

It was to long ago, I don't recall, probably :slight_smile:

there's OSS (might be deprecated) and pulseaudio too, the latter at least in Fedora.

Fedora 24 is 4.5 years old, time to upgrade :stuck_out_tongue:

When I find way to UPGRADE (not reinstall + move data) my Fedora I'll probably will upgrade to 30 (last with 32 bit images, I have 2 laptops, "working" is i3, so 64 bit is ok, but other "spare" is P4, so 32 bit only).

I've been upgrading every 2 releases all the way back from F10 or so.

No issue at all.

Could You point me to correct (working) upgrade procedure? I use Fedora-KDE spin.

it's the same procedure every time, but I'd probably go 24->26->28->30, instead of steps of 1,
to have less jumps/reboots to 30+.

Just FYI, somewhere along the road Fedora switches default X server to Wayland, and later on
disable root logon completely.

I am just trying this on spare laptop with copy of working system, as it failed using bigger steps, now I'll try to do 1-by-1 step, this will take days, but this is not a production system.

Do You know if it is possible (for production i3 laptop) to migrate easy way (conserving all configs / installed soft) to migrate from 32 to 64 bit?

It's been done in the past, but most information is old, since people haven't been doing it lately - most started with 64bit.

Google fedora cross upgrade.

Ok, "step-by step" upgrade got me to Fedora 30 (32bit) with my all software / settings.
Then I tried to (only as laptop whare disc is instaled is 32bit) to cross-upgrade using dnf:

[root@laptop2 F31]# export LANG=C
[root@laptop2 F31]# dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=31 --forcearch x86_64 --skip-broken --allowerasing
Before you continue ensure that your system is fully upgraded by running "dnf --refresh upgrade". Do you want to continue [y/N]: y
Fedora Modular 31 - x86_64                                                  15 kB/s | 4.9 kB     00:00
Fedora Modular 31 - x86_64 - Updates                                       7.8 kB/s | 4.8 kB     00:00
Fedora 31 - x86_64 - Updates                                               6.4 kB/s | 4.8 kB     00:00
Fedora 31 - x86_64                                                          11 kB/s | 4.9 kB     00:00
openHAB 2.x.x Stable                                                       3.8 kB/s | 1.3 kB     00:00
OpenSCADA                                                                  1.3 kB/s | 836  B     00:00
pgadmin4                                                                   4.9 kB/s | 2.9 kB     00:00
RPM Fusion for Fedora 31 - Free - Updates                                   13 kB/s | 7.1 kB     00:00
RPM Fusion for Fedora 31 - Free                                             27 kB/s | 8.0 kB     00:00
RPM Fusion for Fedora 31 - Nonfree - Updates                                13 kB/s | 7.2 kB     00:00
RPM Fusion for Fedora 31 - Nonfree                                          25 kB/s | 8.1 kB     00:00
Error:
 Problem: The operation would result in removing the following protected packages: systemd-udev

How can I overcome this?