How to make OpenWrt accept Fragmentation Threshold lower than 256?

i'll try 980.
ap channel is 1, i usually use 1 on openwrt as client

1 tcp
2 as pic
3 80
4 as pic
5 as pic
6 80
but its not accessibile from external ip

There's clearly a language barrier here... And I think by "edit the fw" he meant "edit the firmware" not "edit the firewall"

OP is clearly not a native English speaker.

To the OP - by "we do not recommend lower threshold values" they mean lower than the default of 2346. They don't mean lower than 256 which simply won't work at all. If you ever thought it worked, you were using something that lied about whether the setting was actually working as you thought it was.

Oh (I thought that too), then it's not related to OpenWrt - unless the OP's just asking the OpenWrt to cosmetically display an invalid value (that made less sense to me).

I think he is. It looks like he thinks it's a regression that OpenWRT now disallows values that should never have been allowed. And due to language barriers, might not realize that you can rebuild from source instead of haxing a downloaded firmware image.

(How does he know this if using an old version isn't possible??? Did that old version perform better and frag threshold isn't the reason, but something else changed?)

1 Like

default openwrt settings have disconnetions lasting 2-6 min in my situation. so i had to edit 'em (including frag settings)
if i believed the latest fw had "regress", i wouldn't be using it ...would i ?
asked possibly for a fw ( as firmware) mod, frag settings are not under firewall menus in openwrt.

however...

looks like fw is more popular as firmware than firewall on that clumsy site .... i believe if those writing dictionaries had a router with a custom "firmware" would know they re wrong

That setting isn't changed in OpenWrt firmware - that was my point. I guess the point was missed. I wasn't confused on the term. Since it makes no sense (as it's not in OpenWrt firmware, but the WiFi chip), I picked the "fw" that made logical sense (i.e. firewall).

Apologies.