How to investigate problem with WPS

Lets go straight to the point... WPS is broken.
IMHO the WPS pin thing was trash and was a mistake from the idea to the implementation but the Push Button idea was good and actually better than the current implementation of WiFi Easy Connect where you need QRCode and shit...

So the question is... Does anyone have any advice on how to correctly investigate the problem? From using airmon and wireshark to analyze the pcap...

The present problem is that it does work for the first connect but on subsequent connection mac80211 complain for mismatched key / algo (now i don't remember it clearly)

This is present for both WPA2 and WPA3... And practically make WPS Push Button broken and not working... Hope anyway can help in investigating this or giving me some hint...

I’d still recommend not using WPS as some implementations have broken Diffie-Hellman key exchanges: https://github.com/wiire-a/pixiewps#overview- see mode 3.

Wireshark can listen to the whole exchange but unless you have the DH key, you won’t be able to see what’s going on. I guess look for the whole M1-M7 exchange in wireshark by capturing the exchange with airodump-ng.