How to get internet on openwrt?

hei! a friend of mine tricked me into installing this openwrt on my router, everything was working until i installed openwrt and now i got no internet, and also the original firmware for dir-842C3 does not exist longer. So i have bricked my router if i cant get this openwrt to work... anny idea?

are you sure you're supposed to use a static IP on the WAN port ?

Yes, thats what i had on the router :slight_smile:

had, as in config, or IP ?

Ip.. i had an ip, and an gateway ip thats all and it worked

then you should probably reconfigure your WAN interface as DHCP client.

Why? On the router before i flashed i used static..

I will upload some more pcture tomorow when i am work again.. i got an error when trying to upload images

you're a new member, there's prolly a restriction.

try imgur instead.

Ok i try tomorow.. I get connection on openwrt i get internet, but not on the lan ports

that's not in the info you initially provided ...

1 Like

When i hold the mouse cursor over eth0 it shows i get data, but i have no internet when i try to connect a pc to the rputer

You see it in the image i have posted

There u see i get kb, but i dont get internet on lan

Please connect to your OpenWrt device using ssh and copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

ubus call system board
cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp
cat /etc/config/firewall

How do i connect with ssh?

tried the link in @krazeh's post ?

1 Like

ah sorry didnt see it.. i will try tomorow .. hope it works

really strange.. ALL i had to do with the router befre i installed trhis crap was to add 2 lines and everything woked, i added these 2 lines: lines 10.168.64.12 and gateway 10.168.64.1. Why it's not working and multiple people trying to help me on 4 different forum and ssh etc ... s

Do you want help or do you just want to whine about your own choices?

If it's the former then get us what we've asked for (and maybe don't post again until then).

If it's the latter then tell us now so we can just close the thread.