How to flashing eMMC Img for clearfog pro or base

Hi,

I found out below link and download openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-armada-388-clearfog-base-ext4.img from the site.
And flashing it to eMMC in clearfog pro. It is booted without problem.

I build openwrt and check ext4 when make menuconfig with below openwrt github.
https://github.com/SolidRun/openwrt.

but I can see only openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-armada-388-clearfog-pro-ext4-sdcard.img.gz which looks only for SDCARD!
When I flashing it to clearfog pro, it is not booted properly. it looks SDCARD version which is not working on eMMC.

Do you know how to make the openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-armada-388-clearfog-base-ext4.img, not openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-armada-388-clearfog-pro-ext4-sdcard.img.gz on openwrt?

It looks it is related with target/linux/mvebu folder but I guess it is just made for SDCARD version.

Please let me know how to make the openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-armada-388-clearfog-base-ext4.img, not openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-armada-388-clearfog-pro-ext4-sdcard.img.gz on openwrt if you can.

Always thank you for all your help and I think I have a good progress and almost last point to make it work.

Unfortunately, SolidRun has made trying to flash the eMMC flash far more difficult than it ever should be by failing to maintain not only their wiki site, but their GitHub repo as well.

• To flash the eMMC, you must utilize the Debian wiki to partition and format the eMMC flash.
    • You will need to have access to the board (remove the screws and slide off the black top), as you'll need access to the Dipswitches to boot from UART.
      • I can't remember if the M.2 2242 drive I had to buy was for this method, or prior to finding the above method... like I said, SolidRun may develop phenomenal products (I love my ClearFog Pro), but their documentation is the worst I've ever seen from an SBC OEM.
        • If you have to buy an M.2 2242 for the flash, shop around, as the 2242 size is obsolete and therefore more expensive than 2280s.

• Once you've formatted the eMMC flash, you can utilize the instructions on my GitHub to flash OpenWrt.
    • As noted on my GitHub, you must utilize a Linux OS that doesn't come with a GCC version higher than 4.x installed, else compiling from SolidRun's non-maintained Repo will not work.
    • Unless things have changed in the last 6 months or so:
      • OpenWrt's ClearFog kwb will not work
      • OpenWrt's initramfs image will not work, as I noted here

That repository you are referring to is a mirror of the old Marvell repository that has been deprecated due to us moving support to mainline. We do still have some outstanding patchsets but are slowly working on getting them mainlined as well. In general our mainline support is quite well supported, and if you need additional features then you can look use, https://github.com/SolidRun/u-boot/tree/v2018.01-solidrun-a38x , which also matches our wiki for building and flashing u-boot.

The highlighted fixes are. 1) much improved kwboot support for UART loading (this is now mainlined) 2) Adding full support to the bubt command for u-boot flashing from tftp or usb. This is to all possible boot devices.

These images also fully support common distro boot in u-boot which makes it very easy to boot from a USB stick and flash to eMMC that way. Hope that helps out.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.