How to export package from my router?

I'm trying to set up another OpenWrt router with OpenVPN but the version that the new router downloads is newer and my old router has an older version.

I want to install an older version of OpenVPN to my newer router. I know that you can't install specific versions anymore so can someone guide me on what to do to install that specific version?

I was thinking of somehow downloading/exporting the package from my old router then importing it into my new router but I don't know how to do that. Help appreciated.

I do not think you can do that, but maybe instead you get a list of files by opkg files {package name} and copy those files over? There could also be preinst/postinst scripts to run.

1 Like

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. New versions of OpenVPN can be configured to connect to old versions, though if it is you also running the old version at the other end of the link, you should upgrade it.

Packages for old official OpenWrt releases are still on the server. You may need to edit /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf and change the source URLs from downloads.openwrt.org to archive.openwrt.org.