How to Enable Wifi by the default with Custome Script inChef Online Imagebuilder

Hello friends
Can anyone guide me?
I want to enable Wi-Fi by default Is there a way to enable Wi-Fi by default in the Chef Online Imagebuilder Maker?
In Chef Online builder, can I get the desired result in the Custome Script section?
Unfortunately, despite my great interest in Openwrt, I could not create an image at all after installing Linux, so I have to create my own image in Chef Online builder, but unfortunately I do not know if Wi-Fi can be enabled by default or not?

The script shown there is suitable for single band devices or devices which got their 2.4GHz radio mapped as radio0. You can use it as-is and paste into the custom script to be run on first boot:

uci set wireless.@wifi-device[0].disabled="0"
uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].disabled="0"
uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].ssid="OpenWrt"
uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].key="changemeplox"
uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].encryption="psk2"
uci commit wireless

If you want to enable both interface on dual-band devices, simply repeat for wifi-device[1] and wifi-iface[1].

If you want sensible channel choice in both bands according to local regulations, add this:

uci set wireless.@wifi-device[0].country="XX"
uci set wireless.@wifi-device[0].channel="auto"
uci set wireless.@wifi-device[1].country="XX"
uci set wireless.@wifi-device[1].channel="auto"

where XX is the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code of the location of the device.

See also the debate here for possible future improvements on this topic

2 Likes

Thank you.,but How to change hostname?

Similarly, you can also set the hostname by adding call to uci

uci set system.@system[0].hostname="myOpenWrtHost"
1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: How to edit the footer at the bottom of the login page?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.