How to disable SRA and Bitswap?

Hello friends , How to disable SRA and Bitswap?
Is there a package for managing ADSL modals in Lucy's menu?
What about via ssh? Is there no way?
my modem : BT Home Hub 5A
My openwrt version : 19.07.10

Not sure you can actually disable this (the DSLAM might have a say in this to)... but why would you want to disable bitswap, after all it serves to make a link more stable... SRA is claimed to offer the same (reduction in rate if link quality degrades instead of forced resyncs to get to a lower speed)?

I have very noise I want to disable sra. My noise is over 48db
Please give me a code to disable sra

Again not sure that is possible... To stabilize a link, I probably would try to play with the "Downstream SNR offset" setting (in the Network -> Interface -> DSL sub-tab in the GUI). Mind you I have not tried if that works as expected with SRA (my ISP does not use SRA so I can not test that).

Bitswap can be disabled like this:

dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcs 0 0 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 # ADSL upstream
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcs 0 1 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 # ADSL downstream
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcs 1 0 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 # VDSL upstream
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcs 1 1 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 # VDSL downstream

And for SRA it should work like this:

dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997racs 0 0 2 # ADSL upstream
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997racs 0 1 2 # ADSL downstream
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997racs 1 0 2 # VDSL upstream
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997racs 1 1 2 # VDSL downstream

These settings are not permanent. You need to reconnect with the following command to actually apply the changes:

dsl_cpe_pipe.sh acs 2

However, before you do this: Can you please explain what exactly your issue is? Which of the actual stats values do you mean when you say the noise is too high (in terms of the data shown in Luci or via ubus call dsl metrics)?

From your first post, you are using an old version of OpenWrt. If your line uses vectoring, you need to upgrade to a current snapshot, as it includes important fixes to make vectoring actually work (without these it is common for SNR to slowly decrease over time, which could trigger SRA).

Also, I want to repeat what @moeller0 has already said: Disabling bitswap and SRA is very likely to decrease stability of your line!

2 Likes

These don't look correct? I would have expected there should be an "lfcs" in there...

That's actually the default for ADSL (VDSL defaults to DYNAMIC i.e. RA_MODE=3).

To see what's actually negotiated for the current connection use

dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997rasg 0     # upstream
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997rasg 1     # downstream
1 Like

Oh, yes, there should be an lfcs after dsl_cpe_pipe.sh. I tested on a different device than the one I used for posting the comment, and it looks like I then forgot to type it out here…

1 Like

It is probably just me, but I got around to prefer the long versions of these commands, so:
LineFeatureConfigSet instead of lfcs,
G997_RateAdaptationConfigSet instead of g997racs,
and G997_RateAdaptationStatusGet instead of g997rasg
simply because I use these rarely enough so I forget the mnemonics. (And it is easier to recognise that Get and Set commands are like Sith and come in pairs :wink: )

1 Like

Upon closer look, this doesn't actually work properly. First of all, with VR9 drivers and tools there needs to be one parameter less. Second, there should be a valid value for all parameters (I'm used to specifying -1 to keep the previous value, which is possible at least for some commands on another non-OpenWrt device I'm using, but it doesn't work here).

So, the correct commands to disable Bitswap on an OpenWrt-device with VR9 modem, while keeping everything else at default values are:

dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcs 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 # ADSL upstream
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcs 0 1 1 0 0 0 -1 # ADSL downstream
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcs 1 0 1 0 1 1 -1 # VDSL upstream
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcs 1 1 1 0 1 1 -1 # VDSL downstream
#                          |
#                          -> this value configures Bitswap