I am trying to build a mobile app for configuring a new SSID on an OpenWrt router. I have some newbie questions regarding this. As per my understanding:
Unified Configuration Interface (UCI) is an API of OpenWrt which is also a utility to intend and to centralize the whole configuration of a device running on OpenWrt.
Now, my flow should be as follows:
- User connects to the default SSID and login to the shell via default CLI login credentials.
- User enters the new SSID name and password.
- Python backend (on the app) converts this configuration via a parser in the UCI format.
- Push this command to the router.
Now my questions are:
- Is my understanding correct for the flow? Is something missing?
- Is there a way to get a Python/C parser or will I have to write it on my own?
I am not from a Computer Science background. Kindly help me.