How to connect Xiaomi 4C to cell phone's wifi?

but when i try to connect
it show

Your WLAN connection has been disconnected. Would you like to switch to using data?

what should i do ??

if you are using Xiaomi factory firmware, that's not a problem, refer to xiaomi user manual.

1 Like

can i ask one more question

can i connect this to linux pc only no just WAN ?

The 4C Wan port to a matser router, target is "connect to the internet", if you do not have wan connection, try to use a WiFi client connection to internet.

Linux PC Lan to 4C Lan1 is must
4C connected to internet is must, to get stok no.

then run openwrtinvasion according the instructions.

Before you flash openwrt, please confirm the IC in your 4C not EN25QX128, otherwise you'll brick your 4C.

1 Like

i just connect 4c to Linux PC & wired is connecting but i cannot connect to WIFI I stuck at Obtaining IP address.. when i scan WIFI.
what should i do ??

anyhow, make your 4C connect to the internet, and your PC should connected internat via 4C.

1 Like

The stock firmware must see the Internet to "call home" through a wired connection before you can break in and make the install. There is no other way.

One way to get such a connection would be another router already running OpenWrt linked to your phone.

1 Like

i already share my phone hotspot to Linux PC,
that connect lan to 4C show light both side Linux PC/4C
idk why i can't connect router config page

Unable to connect

An error occurred during a connection to 198.168.31.1.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

after while Wired connecting it show
Wire off

please make sure your connection is:
Internet ---(your phone wifi)---> 4C ---(Lan2Lan)---> PC(turn off WiFi). That means your PC connected internet via 4C.

Then, your have to find the 4C IP address(123.xxx.xxx.xxx) that is asigned by your phone (DHCP), to access your 4C admin page for the "stok no.".

Then, IP address 123.xxx.xxx.xxx will be used instead of 192.168.31.1 in any further operations.

1 Like

im trying to setup like this
idk why it Obtaining IP address.. after while it Disconnected then IP Configuration Failure when my phone try to connect 4C
i can find MAC address &
IPV6 ADDRESSES (IPV6 look like MAC address format)
only
that make me can't access internet when i turn off WIFI

NO, IPv6 address cannot used in openwrtinvation.

IPv4 is must.

If you have to use phone wifi to connect Internet, suggest your find another router with a static IPaddress inserted in your phone and 4C:

Internet wifi --- new router(/w static IP) --- (Lan2Wan) --- 4C ---PC, then you access the new router, you could fine the 4C IPaddresss.......then maybe your 4C IPaddress should be the 4C defaulted 192.168.31.1....

1 Like

is there any way not to buy another router ??
my set up like this
Internet WIFI > Linux PC (turn off WIFI)> Lan2Wan > 4C (4C light didn't show up)
wired connected
completely
I can access the internet, but I can't enter the router config page that I could access before. even change the phone & use 4C IP.

Unable to connect

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.xx.xxx.

my goal is to port forwarding

This will not work to access 4C admin page / get stok no.

still suggest you find another router or find a Len wire to connect internet.

or back to Internet ---(your phone wifi)---> 4C ---(Lan2Lan)---> PC(turn off WiFi) setup, and find IP4 address.

1 Like

can you recommand router tl mr100 or xiaomi gigabit 4 a ?
my 4C can still install open wrt ??

that two routers, different, can not compare.

goto your friend, get a router 2days.

1 Like

I just brought Internet new router > Lan2Wan > WAN > 4C > LAN > PC
still cannot enter 4C router config page.
what should i do ??

1. make sure : new router > Lan2Lan > PC could connect to internet.
  2. inserted 4C: new router > Lan2Wan > WAN > 4C > LAN > PC and power on. and waiting.
  3. open your browser on PC, normally you will see 4C config page at first use.
  4. if no, try to open 192.168.31.1
  5. if not, try to do "factory reset 4C", long press the RESET button for >10s
1 Like

new router > cable> 4C > cable > PC

ok

1 Like

sure i can connect to internet it show eth0

4C lan >> LinuxPC
I can't connect internet
connection failed Activation of network connection failed
so I change to
4C wan >> LinuxPC
so I can connect internet

it not show

can't enter admin config page

I just use stick to push button for 10 sec but still can't enter admin config page
what should I do ??

here, who connected inertnet?

Internet < new router < 4C < LinuxPC(wifi off), this chain to internet is must.

1 Like