How to change the maximum number of connections?

nm, wrong thing to change.

In general, nothing is clear. How to change via PuTTY?
uci - what should I enter next?

nm, wrong thing to change.

If that's what you mean

then

echo "net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_max = 16384" >> /etc/sysctl.d/11-nf-conntrack.conf
sysctl -p /etc/sysctl.d/11-nf-conntrack.conf
2 Likes

I assumed he meant uhttpd, not the whole box, but I might have misunderstood ...

We're both guessing here ...

2 Likes

tbh, your guess is better than mine :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like

Thank you very much !!!!!
Can you tell me how to change the timeout
net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_established = 7440 default, change to 180 as 7440 is too much

the same way ?

1 Like

The sysctrl parameters is self-documenting that is how you change it:

Change 7440 to 180.

It's a pity of course, in any case, it's already better than it was

What do you mean?

You never described a problem. You may wish to note it so it can help others that this fixed it. Also you may want to move the thread to the Installing and Using OpenWrt section.

What device and version of OpenWrt?

This leads me to believe it may be ending it's life in the supported firmwares.

Glad you fixed your issue.

How did I not describe the problem? Everything is written in detail there and pavelgl helps me with the solution of the issue for the second time without any questions.

He guessed, just as I did, although my guess was wrong.
So no, your problem description wasn't clear at all.

1 Like

No, I knew what he was refrencing.

I don't kno why the OP actually wanted to alter the values. No post described an issue that was being experienced to decide to change the value.

In fact the value in post No. 1 isn't the default in most versions, so I hoped the reply provided more details as to why the OP asked to change them in the first place.

Apologies for being unclear, I was referring to @pavelgl.

1 Like

Yea, I understand now. And technically I'm guessing too, since we all don't know what's "already better" after the setting change was made.

I was hoping to learn that and possibly be educated as to how this fixed the OP's issue; and how/why other sysctrl settings were inquired about too.

That's all. :man_student:

I understand some posters don't wish to provide detail. It just doesn't help others who read in the future.

1 Like

So what is not clear to you?
Initially, there were 8192 maximum compounds.
This is very little. Turn on the torrent and all the connections end

E.G. the default is 16k - can you clarify how it got to 8k, perhaps by answering the questions.

If you don't wish to answer that's fine - no need to pretend I don't understand something.

:+1:

Thank you for noting Torrent was your issue, you didn't note that before.

I appreciate and thank you for this information. This is what I was inquiring.