How to assign ipv4 to wired lan devices

Hi, I am new in networking and OpenWRT. I flashed my router with OpenWRT a week ago. I am dealing with a small home network. Thus, I do not need IPv6 addresses in my home network. Now I have the following problem. From the LuCi I can see that wifi clents get IPv4 addresses and wired clients (Synology) get IPv6 address. Can anyone give me a hint how to set IPv4 to the wired clients. It would be a way better if I can generally get rid of IPv6 within the internal network. How it is handled?

There's a typo in there, right?

I am sorry, English language is not the best skill. What do you mean? Where the typo is?

For your DHCP server issue, SSH into the OpenWrt router and execute the following commands:

uci set 'dhcp.lan.dhcpv6=disabled'
uci commit dhcp
/etc/init.d/odhcpd stop; /etc/init.d/odhcpd disable; /etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart

Disabling IPv6 entirely requires more work...

Thank you. I will try it in a moment. By the way as frollic mentioned there was a typo. I just found this. The problem in the sentence (already edited) "Can anyone give me a hint how to set IPv4 ...

That didn't help. Now I can't see wired clients anymore. Seems they didn't get addresses

What kind of clients are they?

Would be weird if they had ipv4 switched off.

There is only one client - Synology NAS. It works perfectly with another router, which has its own TP-Link operating system. So, the problem is probably not at the client.

I was stupid. The problem is solved, thanks to @pavelgl. I found that the ip on the Synology was set static. I've got connection to the Synology. The tred can be closed.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.