How to add a different package version into an imagebuild?

I make my own "builds" including packages and config files, so far so good.

But how do I add a differend package version to an imagebuild?

For example, vpn-policy-routing, When I build a snapshot version it installs "vpn-policy-routing - 0.3.2-20", but there is a version vpn-policy-routing - 0.3.4-8. but not in the build yet.

I now manual install this version after the build, not a real big deal, but was just wondering how to do it directly in with the imagebuilder.

I don’t think you can do that change in imagebuilder since you really don’t compile anything with it. You just wrap up a image with predefined already compiled packages to a image ready to instal.

These kind of changes you are looking for will probably require you to compile the source code by your self.

0.3.2-20 is the latest version in snapshot so presumably you have compiled your own version.

Anyway, do the following:

• Edit feeds.conf.default
  • comment out the src-git packages line
  • add a new line - src-link packages /path/to/my/packages
  • create your packages folder
  • copy all the packages that you need to this folder
  • copy your compiled 0.3.4-8 ipk to this folder, making sure the old version is not in there

make

Thx for your replies, it's not my own version, it's the latest from the developer himself ( @stangri )
But it's not available yet in the latest snapshot.

See his threat VPN Policy-Based Routing + Web UI -- Discussion - #1350 by ray308

anyway, I'm going to follow your comments.

Instructions from @bluewavenet are for the SDK/toolchain compiles. For the image builder you put the ipk files in the packages/ folder in the image builder (steps 4 and 6 from instructions above).

There is no packages folder in root. So I made the folder /packages and added the ipk file to this folder.

But nothing happens, after make it's still the regular version, do I miss something that I need to do?

Well something is happening in the package folder, I only added the ipk file in it and after make this is in the folder.

drwxr-xr-x 1 raymond raymond  4096 Jun 22 18:10 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 raymond raymond  4096 Jun 22 13:27 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 raymond raymond   740 Jun 22 18:26 Packages
-rw-r--r-- 1 raymond raymond   477 Jun 22 18:26 Packages.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 raymond raymond   151 Jun 22 18:26 Packages.sig
-rw-r--r-- 1 raymond raymond 14718 Jun  9 11:04 vpn-policy-routing_0.3.4-8_all.ipk
-rw-r--r-- 1 raymond raymond   254 Jun  9 11:04 vpn-policy-routing_0.3.4-8_all.ipk:Zone.Identifier

The manifest files tells me this

vpn-policy-routing - 0.3.2-20

Strange.. in the packageinfo file there are this lines

Package: luci-app-vpn-policy-routing
Submenu: 3. Applications
Version: 0.3.4-8
Depends: +libc +USE_GLIBC:librt +USE_GLIBC:libpthread +luci-compat +luci-mod-admin-full +vpn-policy-routing

So it seems to be all ok, but why is the manifest telling me otherwise?

ooh my mistake, thats the luci package .