How can i setup my openWRT to accept any password on WEP?

OK, not sure what you're trying to do here

WEP is obsolete. If enabled, will typically prevent anything but "legacy" rates.

In 2004, with the ratification of the full 802.11i standard (i.e. WPA2), the IEEE declared that both WEP-40 and WEP-104 have been deprecated.

WEP requires a passphrase

Perhaps if you describe the use case that your linked post doesn't clearly address with

Nope, it has to be an open network.

2 Likes

i just want it to accept any password .. so case "WEP is obsolete" i will get every WIFi password entered by just sniffing the data from the connected clients ... if it was possible to let them connect using wrong/unknown passwords....
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible-to-create-a-WEP-wifi-that-accepts-any-password

another one said that it's possible but didn't explain much the same as @DarkMatter

and he never replied again

I must say that this sounds like a suspicious post! This is not the purpose of OpenWrt or the forum.

3 Likes

I must say that this sounds like a suspicious post! This is not the purpose of OpenWrt or the forum.

dude can you ignore this for once ...
this for security testing only :slight_smile:

I very much doubt it. The only goal I can think of is to create a WiFi with a name similar to neighbour's WiFi, so when they connect and enter their password (on the fake WiFi), their password is stolen.

3 Likes

@Hegabo

"I very much doubt it"

lol have you ever heard about pentesting ?

"so when they connect and enter their password (on the fake WiFi), their password is stolen"

if this was first that easy and possible .

Pentesting of what? WEP is obsolete, as @jeff mentioned, and is also easily cracked.

Pentesting of WPA2 evil twin .. and to show that doesn't work on a captive portal only !!!!!!

This appears to be a completely inappropriate request for this forum.

It seems like you've asked in at least two other forums and gotten the same, appropriate response from all -- ignoring your request.

4 Likes

it's just for Pentesting !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems like you've asked in at least two other forums and gotten the same, appropriate response from all -- ignoring your request.

not real one said it's possible and the other said it's not !!!!!!!

That you apparently don't have a strong enough background in security to understand the protocols or Linux-based systems well enough to not have to ask such a broad, basic question has me doubting that.

5 Likes

@jeff
okay... just answer the questions is it possible or not !!

That you apparently don't have a strong enough background in security to understand the protocols or Linux-based systems well enough to not have to ask such a broad, basic question has me doubting that.

i have a few background in almost a lot of things ....

Most people involved in pen testing have sufficient knowledge of the threats and vectors to understand what is "possible". After all, that is the core of pen testing; knowing what to test.

2 Likes

I found your original post here: https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/204873/is-it-possible-to-create-a-wep-wifi-that-accepts-any-password

I quote:

The usage of the word victim clearly shows you are are trying to attack a person.

6 Likes

Similarly linked off the Quora question linked, that apparently the OP posted

https://pastebin.com/czWn4RKj

the same as evil twin fluxion but without captive portal .... so the victim connects to our fake WEP wifi that accepts any password ... after getting disconnected from his wpa2 wifi....... so we sniff data from the WEP wifi to get the password that the victim has entered in clear text ....

thanks

Very suspicious is that the text was linked, not posted in the question

1 Like

you dudes are so funny ... i just linked it case i didn't know what to post in here ..
i posted the linkes so if some one didn't know what i am I refer to ... he can check the link ..

i was just giving an example .. to make it easier to understand !

Or that you knew that the question itself violated https://www.quora.com/about/acceptable_use

Do not use Quora to engage in unlawful or fraudulent activity, or to promote illegal acts.

nah it didn't ...
how it's answered and still there ?