How can I help to get EAX12 support added to Stable?

Hi

I took a risk on buying a Netgear EAX12 (a WiFi 6 plugin extender), even though support for it isn't in the stable releases yet, as I really wanted an affordable plugtop WiFi 6 device that was in the recommended WiFi 6 hardware list.

Support for it was very kindly added by
Wenli Looi in July 2023 - apparently it's related to a WAX202 which I gather is already in stable.

I've not seen any more posts relating to use on this model this since it was added, but I do wonder if it's a case of "no news is good news" in this case, as I must say, I've been really impressed. It's been a great upgrade from the EX6120 (which is in stable but is very old and limited hardware.)

I'm only running the EAX12 via the Snapshot (details below) in dumbAP mode, but it seems to be incredibly solid and well behaved so far - a few weeks in, especially use for PCVR game streaming (which is maybe bit more challenging than most network traffic) and has been well behaved with all our devices across the board (including a plethora of random IoT devices.) It's been even better in compatibility terms than 23.05.* has been for me on the EX3700/EX6120's I was previously using.

As a user, what can I do to give back / help, especially to help get this added into stable?

• Julie

Version running:

Model: Netgear EAX12
Architecture: MediaTek MT7621 ver:1 eco:3
Target Platform: ramips/mt7621
Firmware Version: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r25996-e0363233c9 / LuCI Master 24.102.51352~4cffc9f
Kernel Version: 6.1.86

It'll be in stable coming release.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.