How can changes be saved permanently?

Hello to all friends. I am Mahdi.
I installed it openwrt on my router today.my router is wr841n v13 and version openwrt 19.07.4
This is the first time I want to use this operating system. But since I am a beginner and I do not have much information, working with Openwrt is very difficult for me, please help me.

1-Save settings forever
My first problem is that I like to change the values permanently so that they do not change after a complete reset. Because resetting a lot of things is time consuming for me and finding the code is tedious.

2-How to turn on Wireless & wps button by default.
I like these features to be enabled by default after each reset. And if necessary, disable it from the settings. And after each reset, do not disable it by default.

3-How to change wireless network name
How to change the network name by default from Openwrt to the desired name. So that it does not change again after resetting.

4-How to create a Wireless network password for the network by default
The wireless network does not have a password by default, but I would love to have the password on the back of my router by default.

5-How to change the " root " username and password to " admin " once and for all
On the back of my router is written the username and password of the admin. I would love to change it to the default word on the back of my router which is the admin.

I would be very grateful if my friends would help.

Well, nothing survives reset, that's the whole point of reset ,)

But you can make a backup/export of all your settings, and restore them again after the reset.

Might not be doable for the admin user though.

2 Likes

Only diamonds last forever.

Reset or reboot? The point of reset is to erase the changes and switch back to factory defaults. If the changes however don't survive a reboot, then you might have issues with available flash space.

Sorry to ask again, but do you mean reboot? I don't see why someone would reset that often.

1 Like

Nope.

You can place your configs into a custom firmware build.

Same as No. 1.

See:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.