How am I supposed to keep replying in a thread discussing a bug if I can't post more than 3 replies?

How am I supposed to keep replying in a thread discussing a bug if I can't post more than 3 replies? Editing a previous post doesn't notify the person I'm responding to afterall.

Edit: Apparently posting this moved me to a basic user, but the point still stands, I created the account for an issue, and then as I'm trying to respond to people responding to said issue, this comes up.

I think the idea is to prevent bots... after a certain number of initial things indicating you're probably not a bot, you get basic user privilege. For the most part it provides a small delay, but maybe helps keep the bot spam off the boards. The tradeoff seems to be working because the forum is very active with real issues.

2 Likes

I've invited @tmomas to the thread, as simply reaching out to one of the admins will likely resolve the issue for an individual user.

Since in the meantime @marcmicalizzi reached "Basic" level, this issue should be resolved by now.

1 Like