Hi @ubr !
Well, it's a little bit complicated. Let me explain.
Sadly the current support isn't as good as it could (should? ) be:
- it overwrites device specific parts of the device: the
- it changes the way of the TFTP recovery
- it listens on another address
- it uses different filename
- it uses one file instead of separate
- it creates a full backup to the usb drive where from the user installed, but
- the user doesn't know about it, and wouldn't put it to a safe place
Because of the above I won't recommend the current way of installation.
I did my experiments (thanks @jwmullally for the initial work) about creating a safer device support which uses only the 1536 k
Kernel_RootFS for kernel, and the 6144 k
Rootfs partition for
It's safe to use, and compatible with the official releases (currently 19.07.7).
(It's not finished yet, in terms of documentation )
But it's still a community build from a random guy from the Forum. So I couldn't recommend this too!