Homehub Problem - WLAN

Hey all,

I have a OpenWRT BT Homehub 5a which i would like to run behind the Main Router which is a BT Smarthub 2. I'm hoping to have the HH5 as a VPN Router only using OpenVPN, with the majority of devices connecting directly to the main router.

I have read the Documentation but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. So far i have changed the HH5 LAN from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1 so it doesn't clash with the main router which has a Gateway of 192.168.1.254

I understand i am then meant to plug the Ethernet cable from the Main Router LAN Port to the HH5 WAN Port, but so far i can only connect to the internet if i plug the Ethernet cable into the HH5 LAN Port, but this also means i lose the ability to access the WebGUI (192.168.2.1)

If anyone can help i would be really grateful. Thank you.

Correct, and the HH5 WAN port must be set up as a DHCP client (or use a static IP address from the 192.168.1.x range).

Refer to the OpenWrt/LEDE Installation Guide for BT Home Hub 5A by @bill888 , section "9.3 Quick DHCP client setup for WAN port".

If it still does not work, please post the network configuration and WAN network status of the HH5.