Are there any home automation packages/environments that people are using with LEDE? I think my requirements/wish-list items would be the following:
- Device power control compatible with any combination of in-wall outlets, in-wall switches, or plug-in-modules:
-- Appliance controls (off, on)
-- Dimmer controls for lamps (off, variable levels when on)
- Integration with other sensors/devices [optional]
-- i.e. garage door controllers and sensors for open/closed status
-- environmental (temp, occupancy, etc.) sensors
- Hardware controllable with physical remotes and/or in-wall switches (so that my phone/computer isn't required to do stuff)
- Software controllable with iOS apps and/or a mobile friendly web UI (so that I can use my phone/computer, also when out of the house via VPN to my home network and/or a cloud service)
- Stateful (the central controller would have current status of every device within its domain, ideally with actual acks from remote devices, allowing for control confidence)
I have a completely blank slate in terms of the physical technology (i.e. Wifi, X-Bee, ZigBee, WeMo, Hue, etc.), my only requirement is that it is modern technology (not X10). I don't mind hacking different hardware bits together to assemble a controller interface adapter (provided it doesn't require low-level hardware and/or software design). I'd like to use a basic consumer router with LEDE, but I could also use a small x86 system that I have lying around. It might be good to point out that I am not a software engineer/developer so I won't be able to develop new packages, but I could try building packages from existing sources.
Ideas/suggestions welcome. And thanks in advance!!