Help with vpn setup server and client (Slow Speed)!

Hello Everyone;

I'm trying to run tinyfecvpn on server and client, I successfully get them connected but i have low speed here what it did
i changed general setting in firewall to all accept and all zone setting to accept and and i selected tinyvpn tunnel to on lan zone and i disabled rebind protection that on server side

on client side

same as server side except i selected tinyvpn tunnel to be on wan zone and i route all traffic through vpn with these
ip route add server_ip/32 via the ip output that come with ip route (Ex default via 22.22.22.22 dev pppoe-wan proto static)

ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 via ip gateway of tunnel ex 192.168.9.1 dev vpn tunnel name
ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 via ip gateway of tunnel ex 192.168.9.1 dev vpn tunnel name

is there something is missed or i configured it improperly

What is the definition of low speed and how did you measured it?
What is the hardware of Client and Server?

1 Like

i tested with speedtest i gets download 0.5mbps and 0.02mbps upload and it takes forever to reload page, i cannot ping using ping command after i added ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 via ip gateway of tunnel ex 192.168.9.1 dev vpn tunnel name
ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 via ip gateway of tunnel ex 192.168.9.1 dev vpn tunnel name

and server and client both are Vm each one using seperate pppoe connection

i fixed the problem by not put tun-interface into firewall zone just in server side i made rule in nat tables to masquerade tunnel subnet and client side just used ip route

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.