Help with Netgear CVG834G and USB

Hi,

I'm trying to complete the support of OpenWrt/Lede on Netgear CVG834G modem.
The device run a BCM3368. It has one type B USB port.
When running the original firmware (eCos) i can connect the modem to my PC. The PC sees an Ethernet device, which mean the modem runs as an USB slave device.
Do you think that if the modem run as USB host we can plug a USB key on the same USB port (with an adapter of course) ?

Hi,

USB host and consumer devices are fundamentally different and not interchangable.

Connecting two consumer devices to eachother will yield nothing, because the consumer does not provide the +5V voltage. Connecting two host devices to eachother however could cause electrical damage.

LP,
Jure

After some researches i made the same conclusions. Of course !!!
Thank you for your answer.

having the same model, but no part in the original firmware's web interface to get a sysupgrade of it.
i saw only that bin from openwrt :slight_smile:
https://archive.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/brcm63xx/generic/openwrt-cvg834g-squashfs.bin

but in a way, i guess it could work better with openwrt 19th release.
well, im firstly looking for a way to upgrade/test that router with openwrt using either wifi or wired/rj45 instead of usb/serial ttl converter..

i found that, but i guss from official's of netgear they will not give us the little hidden html/backdoor page to get firmware upgraded directly from LAN..

okay, i do understand better, docsis forbid netgear any other sysupgrade coming not from ISP.
means only through cable, automatically, or CFE/serial port: