Help with installing OpenWrt on tp link TP-Link TL-MR6400 v4

Hello,

I'm new to this and I wanted to install openwrt on my TP-Link TL-MR6400 v4 EU version so I followed these steps :

1. serve tftp-recovery image as tp_recovery.bin on 192.168.0.225/24

2. connect to any ethernet port

3. power on the device while holding the reset button

4. wait at least 8 seconds before releasing reset button

as I understand step 1 is to put my local windows ip address to 192.168.0.225 which I did
then connect the router to my pc using ethernet and power it on while pressing reset for 10 sec and the Tftpd64 program showed the file name with percent 100% I waited for 5 min the reboot the netwrok name change to openwrt but nothing is working no internet 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 not working did something went wrong ?

please help me with this I only bought the router to run openwrt on it, it's still brand new

if it picked up the image, then it should be OK, but the reflash might take longer than 5 mins.

try running the TFTP recovery again, and give it more time.

1 Like

Oh man it worked thank you very much, I repeated the process and gave it 10min this time now I can see openwrt interface on 192.168.1.1 but this was the original ip for tp-link router page so can I still access it which ip it's on now

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.