Help Requested With cron Scripts to Change PPPoE username/password

How to make it so that the router itself is authorized by another username and password of the ISP at the specified time?
Thanks in advance!

Would you describe what you are trying to accomplish?

It almost sounds like you need to give ssh access to your router to your ISP, which seems a bit strange to me.

Typically, ISPs don't manage customer-supplied equipment. They typically manage equipment that they supply through their own backchannel, which is often TR-069.

1 Like

I have two login names for authorization. 1. Small speed, but unlimited internet. 2. High speed, but from 01:00 to 08:00. I hope I could explain to you :slight_smile:

Ah, I think what you want to do is:

• Every day at 0100 you want to change your connection to ISP account "fast"
  • Every day at 0800 you want to change your connection to ISP account "slow"

I am guessing you have PPoE or something similar

If that is what you want to do, one way you could accomplish it with two cron scripts

Script 1 -- runs at 0100 every day

1. Use uci to change your username and password to the "fast" account on the WAN interface
  2. Restart the WAN interface

Script 2 -- runs at 0800 every day

1. Use uci to change your username and password to the "slow" account on the WAN interface
  2. Restart the WAN interface

You could also do it with symlinks, but I think that having a single /etc/config/network may be easier than maintaining a "slow" version and a "fast" version (unless other things change as well). The two-config approach would be a "first choice" if you changed things, such as bandwidth limiting for example, as well.

1 Like

That's what I want :slight_smile:

This is exactly so! PPPoE

OK I'll try! But I do not have enough knowledge of where and what correct script to write :slight_smile: