Help Regarding LEDE with Openvpn

Im Currently Using 941nd v6

and i want to build a FIRMARE with Luci web interface and Openvpn
what should i remove to this package so i can make space fo it?

base-files
libc
libgcc
busybox
dropbear
mtd
uci
opkg
netifd
fstools
uclient-fetch
logd
kmod-gpio-button-hotplug
swconfig
kmod-ath9k
wpad-mini
uboot-envtools
dnsmasq
iptables
ip6tables
ppp
ppp-mod-pppoe
firewall
odhcpd
odhcp6c
luci

Please Help me :frowning:

Have a look at this thread: TP-Link TL-WR841N(D), WA701N(D), WR740N(D), WR741N(D), WR743N(D), WR940N, WR941N(D) - LADUS / JULIA / Ultra Lite / VPN builds

The config.seed files are included as far as I remember. This should give you a good start what to include in your own “tiny” build. All the 32/4 warnings still apply but you should be able to make a working firmware like in the thread I mentioned.

I have build some images for my wr841 with luci and openvpn-mbedtls.
I removed all related stuff to ppp (pppoe, ...), some kernel debug infos and enabled stripped down libraries and kernel exports.

This all get enabled only with the config.seed file.

Here is my config.seed

Copy this file to your checked out openwrt source, eg.: cp /path/to/config.seed /path/to/openwrt-src/.config.
Then do make defconfig && make menuconfig, remove unneded devices and add your device.
Then simply build with make download world -j4

Before you do make defconfig you have to fetch all feeds with ./scripts/feeds update -a && ./scripts/feeds install -a from inside openwrt source dir.

Thank You so much sir :slight_smile: @drbrains!

can anyone here can build me a tiny stripped down for wr940n(EU)v6 with openvpn?
because i dont have access to a debian os nor ubuntu am a windows user please
thanks in advance

You can run linux in a virtual machine from your windows computer. I run Kubuntu in an Oracle VirtualBox virtual machine.

https://www.virtualbox.org

2 Likes

what kind of os are easy to user i have install ubuntu but it stop at getting github

Kubuntu is like Ubuntu with KDE instead of Gnome as a desktop environment. I use the scripts and instructions from hnyman to set up the build environment detailed in this thread. You may have to make some changes in the configuration to build for your router.

Your router looks to ba a single core 750mhz 4/32 device. I would expect poor OpenVPN performance, if you manage to get an image put together that will fit.
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WR940N_v6.x

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.