Help prioritizing games with alternative qdisc design

although this is also possible when I thought about it, it probably will overwrite the various iptables rules, interfering with each other. which is why I say for easiness run SQM on isp1 and this script for isp2.

1 Like

yes i thought so thank you

If you're really excited to test, you could set up two versions of the script:

echo "n" | /etc/qosisp1.sh
echo "y" | /etc/qosisp2.sh

that way the first run won't do the iptables stuff, and it'll just get done on the second run. in theory that should work... if you feel like testing it.

1 Like

The only values I changed were mentioned in my other post, rest is same as the original script.

Do you have any separate iptables rules you are using to tag packets? If not you are probably receiving the packets already tagged, so you may need some rules to wash those packets and put dscp that you want on it

no idea how to do any of that

I can provide some rules tomorrow

Ok, actually I just pushed a new version to github, it includes two lines:

WASHDSCPUP="yes"
WASHDSCPDOWN="yes"

if these are set to yes then it will set DSCP value at CS0 on all packets initially, and then up and down prioritize just the listed gaming traffic or bulk ports

give it a try

Is this script only suited for slow connections? What would I need to change for a stable fibre 100/20 connection?

After running the script I get the following iptables error

Continue? (type y or n and then RETURN/ENTER)
y
iptables v1.8.3 (legacy): Rate too fast "35416/second"
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
DONE!
Can not output tc -s qdisc because it crashes on OpenWrt when using RED qdisc, but things are working!
root@OpenWrt:~#

I might add this error was for the script posted before you created the one with DSCP values. I will try that one next, but this one seems to have killed something with my connection. Websites were becoming unresponsive and dslreports and speedtest.net couldn't load properly to perform a speedtest

edit

I get the following error with the script on your github page and it also kills my connection, the only way to get it working again is a reboot and to run the older script on startup.

Continue? (type y or n and then RETURN/ENTER)
y
iptables v1.8.3 (legacy): Can't use -i with POSTROUTING

iptables v1.8.3 (legacy): Can't use -i with POSTROUTING

Try iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information. iptables v1.8.3 (legacy): Couldn't load match set':No such file or directory

Try iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information. iptables v1.8.3 (legacy): Couldn't load match set':No such file or directory

Try iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information. ip6tables v1.8.3 (legacy): Couldn't load match set':No such file or directory

Try ip6tables -h' or 'ip6tables --help' for more information. ip6tables v1.8.3 (legacy): Couldn't load match set':No such file or directory

Try `ip6tables -h' or 'ip6tables --help' for more information.
Everything is taken care of for RED qdisc
iptables v1.8.3 (legacy): Rate too fast "35416/second"

DONE!
Can not output tc -s qdisc because it crashes on OpenWrt when using RED qdisc, but things are working!

Just noticed these errors at the start of when i ran the script

root@OpenWrt:~# sh qosgaming4.sh
qosgaming4.sh: line 46: ipset: not found
ERROR: could not create realtimeset4 do you have ipsets working?
qosgaming4.sh: line 47: ipset: not found
ERROR: could not create realtimeset6 do you have ipsets working?
qosgaming4.sh: line 54: ipset: not found
qosgaming4.sh: line 58: ipset: not found
qosgaming4.sh: line 58: ipset: not found

Have you installed ipset packages?

At first I didn't but i read your topic on how to set it all up and installed the 2 packages. Rebooted and ran script again and got the same errors

Come pm....

1 Like

I have tp link archer c7 v5 router running your sripts
So do i need to buy a new wired router to get this script working 100% correctly
As i love the script
I thought all routers were wireless \wifi

Question how is that going to work in the light of IPv6 privacy extensions? Where end host will in relative short interval generate pseudo random (but hard to guess/predict) final 64 bits of the IPv6 Address.

I use Edgerouter X flashed with Openwrt .

@johnnyt i had the same issue as you, slow browsing, DSLreports wont even load correctly. the test results were in extremely bad for bufferbloat and the speed would drop from 30 mbps to low as 100 kilobytes

@dlakelan

WASHDSCPUP="yes"
WASHDSCPDOWN="yes"

this didn't work, actually it didn't even make any difference at all. am still having the same issue.

1 Like

I think..bad settings...

hello everybody the new script doesnt work at my home now... same error of johnny

i have iptables v1.8.3 (legacy): Can't use -i with POSTROUTING

for ip4 in 192.168.1.111 192.168.1.222; do
    ipset add realtimeset4 "$ip4"
done

for ip6 in 2001:db8::1 2001:db8::2 ; do
    ipset add realtimeset6 "$ip6"
done

can we use the CIDR format for determining the ip address console, so that it does not enter manually. because my Lan uses DHCP, for example: 192.168.1.1/24 ?

For a very small BW condition like at my place, which is DL = 1Mbps UP = 756Kbps, this script seems to be very helpful even if I measure it with dslreports it can't run because it might be very slow on my connection.

Hi.. I also experienced this condition,
DSLreports won't even load properly. Previously, I thought because my BW is small 1Mbps / 756kbps