Help please internet connectivity (BT Homehub 5 Vodafone)

Help please. Newbie to openwrt. Software looks fantastic but having a connectivity issue. I have flashed a BT HH5 with the latest 18.06.2 and can log into it but cannot make it connect to my ISP. Interface wan is set protocol pppoe with my username and POW set. Physical settings interface to dsl1.101 . DSL Annex B all, Tone A43c+J43+A43, System log shows timeout waiting for pado packets So I assume it is not talking correctly for authentication, somehow a settings issue.
I am with Vodafone and am trying to solve their router issue of frequent disconnects and stupid FEC errors. Billions! Openreach out twice and my line is clean with their equipment. I have deleted the wan interface and reinstated it but I fear I must be doing something wrong. I have gone through the faqs and all the searches I can. Wan just shows rx0, tx0 connection attempt failed. I am hoping it’s some setting I am missing. I have tried resetting, leaving disconnected for 3 minutes etc. HELP please.

Interface name is dsl0.101, not dsl1.101 btw.

Have you studied the instructions in 7.5 and 9.1 of the guide, and did Vodafone provide you with valid unique username and password?
https://openwrt.ebilan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=266

Yes. Typing error. It is set to dsl0.101. I was thinking about the obvious mistake of confusing l with 1 , which I did the first time I typed it in. Gone round this so many times I got steam coming out my ears.

Yes and yes. Provided the username and PW twice from different people which agree and I have included the @vod .... as well

Can you post your line stats from LuCI -> Status -> Overview -> DSL while hub is attached to DSL line for 5 minutes.

Also post the contents of the WAN interface section of /etc/config/network file so it can be inspected for errors (remove your vodafone username/password. (If you use Windows, you can use WinSCP. See section 10.2)

(Probably not a good idea to delete WAN interface and to recreate it imho. Factory Reset and starting from fresh is better)

Have also tried the factory reset previously.

Working on the file. I am using my iPad on my neighbours Wi-fi and my laptop to the router so transferring the file is going to take a few minutes

config interface 'loopback'
	option ifname 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'fd05:ce74:9986::/48'

config dsl 'dsl'
	option annex 'b'
	option tone 'a'
	option line_mode 'vdsl'
	option ds_snr_offset '0'

config interface 'lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	option ifname 'eth0.1'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'

config device 'lan_dev'
	option name 'eth0.1'
	option macaddr '34:8a:ae:df:d6:34'

config interface 'wan'
	option proto 'pppoe'
	option ipv6 '1'
	option username 'dsl00EDIT007@broadband.vodafone.co.uk'
	option password 'XXEDITXX'
	option ifname 'dsl0.101'

config device 'wan_dev'
	option name 'dsl0'
	option macaddr '34:8a:ae:df:d6:35'

config interface 'wan6'
	option ifname '@wan'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'

config switch
	option name 'switch0'
	option reset '1'
	option enable_vlan '1'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '1'
	option ports '0 1 2 4 6t'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '2'
	option ports '5 6t'

Your line stats for over an hour suggest there is connectivity and data rates appear to be consistent with a line that is perhaps around 800m long.

Interface WAN settings look fine.

Only minor omission is the Encapsulation mode is missing from the DSL settings. It is optional and in any case it would be:

config dsl 'dsl'

    option xfer_mode 'ptm'

I suspect Vodafone may have provided you with an invalid username and password.

In the absence of another 3rd party modem router where you can test the supplied vodafone username, the only other way of verifying that the HH5a is working, is to connect it to say a BT or Plusnet fibre connection with known corresponding working PPPoE username/password.

Ok. Thanks very much for your time. Thought I must’ve missing something blindingly obvious and couldn’t see it. The supplied user/ pw combo were supplied twice independently and matched. Guess Vodafone are getting the heave ho.