Help Needed for Updating and Identifying Suitable Firmware for Modified OpenWrt "GiGA WiFi Wave2-KM08-708H Router"

Hello,

I have this router, GiGA WiFi Wave2-KM08-708H, which is a Korean router. I bought it from someone and it already had the OpenWrt system installed. However, this person modified it, and now the model of the device appears as Model: EISA.KM08-708H. I want to update it to the latest version, but when I search for this model number, either KM08-708H or GiGA WiFi Wave2, I don't get any results.

A friend of mine sent me a file and asked me to flash it using sysupgrade, but what happened is that the router just rebooted and nothing else happened. So, I would like to know what is the appropriate firmware for this router, and here are the specifications of this router.

|Hostname| OpenWrt

Model EISA.KM08-708H
Architecture: MediaTek MT7621 ver:1 eco:3
Target Platform: ramips/mt7621
Firmware Version: EISA 23.05.2 000 / LuCI Master git-24.056.30534-fc90e66
Kernel Version: 5.15.148

1 Like

You're in luck!

Reference: https://www.facebook.com/groups/223250506755663/

@eisa - the OP has a question about your firmware.

1 Like

Hello,

It looks like your router is running a custom version of OpenWrt compiled by me , which is not an official release. The custom build is being maintained as a beta version, aiming to stabilize it as much as possible. However, there are some limitations with this version, particularly concerning firmware updates.

Currently, the firmware cannot be updated through the sysupgrade command or the LuCI web interface. Instead, your router has a modified bootloader called BreedWeb, which you can use to flash new firmware.

If you need more details or assistance on how to proceed with updating your firmware through BreedWeb, feel free to ask.

3 Likes