Help needed for either WDS or Mesh

Do you mean if the user wants the SSIDs to be on different subnets?

Because of they can be on the same subnet, then ask you need to do ayer creating the WDS backhaul al you need to do is to create the SSIDs!

Yes, you need "something more" after WDS. However, once you tunnel your networks using GRE, you no longer need WDS, and a standard AP+STA setup will do.

Yes, otherwise I am not clear on what the purpose of the different SSIDs would be. I guess there might be some example use-cases, but it seems unusual. Normally you'd want them separated.

Hi all, just one more quick question. I've started setting up my WDS system. I know that STP should be turned on in the WDS client, but should it also be turned on in the WDS Access Point (main router)?

Thanks.

As far as I know, you only need STP when there is more than one route between two boxes. You do not need STP in a typical star topology.

However, if you need it, then you need it on both ends.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I just deployed one WDS client - so far, so good!

Hi all,

One more question about my WDS implementation. When I turn off DHCP server on the WDS clients in Luci [ Network > Interfaces > LAN > Edit > DHCP Server > General Settings > Check Ignore Interface ], does that also turn off any DHCP server for IPv6 addresses? If not, what's the procedure?

Thanks!

first window is general setup where you turn off dhcp, second window is advanced settings, last window is ipv6 settings, disable everything under this window

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.