Help migrating config from 21.02.3 to 22.03

I have a netgear dm200 and wish to migrate the config from 21.02.3 to 22.03 (rc4). The 22.03 release moves this arch to DSA and so config has to be recreated. The dm200 doesn't have a switch chip and so i thought this would be easy. but just using the old config results in DSL coming up okay but the lan port (eth0) remains down.

Can anyone give me some clues as to how to migrate the config?

Contents of /etc/config/network

config interface 'loopback'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'
	option device 'lo'

config dsl 'dsl'
	option tone 'av'
	option xfer_mode 'ptm'
	option annex 'b'
	option line_mode 'vdsl'
	option firmware '/etc/config/firmware/dsl_vr9_815.bin'
	option ipv6 '0'
	option ds_snr_offset '0'

config device 'lan_dev'
	option name 'eth0'
	option macaddr '88:03:55:a9:23:c8'
	option ipv6 '0'
	option sendredirects '0'
	option multicast '0'

config interface 'wan_vdsl'
	option proto 'none'
	option device 'br-wan_vdsl'
	option delegate '0'

config device 'wan_dev'
	option name 'dsl0'
	option macaddr '88:03:55:31:a7:3d'
	option ipv6 '0'
	option sendredirects '0'
	option multicast '0'

config device
	option name 'br-wan_vdsl'
	option type 'bridge'
	list ports 'dsl0.101'
	list ports 'eth0.50'
	option ipv6 '0'
	option sendredirects '0'
	option multicast '0'
	option vlan_filtering '1'

config device
	option name 'dsl0.101'
	option type '8021q'
	option ifname 'dsl0'
	option vid '101'
	option ipv6 '0'
	option sendredirects '0'
	option multicast '0'

config interface 'mgmt'
	option type 'bridge'
	option device 'eth0.70'
	option proto 'dhcp'
	option ipv6 '0'
	option delegate '0'

config interface 'mgmtv6'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'
	option reqaddress 'try'
	option reqprefix 'no'
	option device 'eth0.70'
	option delegate '0'

config device
	option name 'eth0.50'
	option type '8021q'
	option ifname 'eth0'
	option vid '50'
	option sendredirects '0'
	option ipv6 '0'
	option multicast '0'

config device
	option name 'eth0.70'
	option type '8021q'
	option ifname 'eth0'
	option vid '70'
	option sendredirects '0'

What I am missing from your configuration is an interface section for your LAN? Is this based on a clean configuration OpenWrt 22.03 generated? Would be very much surprising if vanilla OpenWrt 22.03 would set up your device without even an attempt at a LAN configuration.

How did you migrate? By wiping settings? If not, at least by removing /etc/config/network prior to sysupgrading?

Hi,
I basically just wrote this config entirely myself to cover a situation that apparently isn't very common.

Bridging a DSL wan vlan to the lan port for a 'modem mode' type device is common enough in the UK to support the openreach product, but bridging it to a vlan on the lan whilst offering up a second lan vlan for management seems not very common.

I don't need a lan bridge device (like many of the tutorial examples) since I don't need anything other than a lan port with 2 vlans (1 for internet and another for management).

The above config works fine in OpenWrt 21.02.3, r16554-1d4dea6d4f.

So do I need to add an interface section for eth0? I don't need any untagged traffic btw since this is in effect a trunk port.

Yes, just like you need the interface section for the loopback and your WAN interface. My advice though would be to backup what you have now, let OpenWrt generate its default config, and add to or modify that according to your needs. The defaults should be okay.

config interface 'lan'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.1/24'
	option device 'eth0'

The above should be a good start.

OK, sorry to labour the point, but just for my own understanding. why are the interface sections
config interface 'mgmt' and config interface 'mgmtv6' not sufficient in this circumstance?

I have only (recent) experience with DSA, VLANs and bridges, not with DSA, VLANs and single interfaces. I do believe though there is no automagical feedback loop anymore between specifying a tagged device in your config (eth0.70) and it being created and brought up, as in the pre-DSA days. Hence my advice to start with a clean slate, and take it from there.

I am not sure if even with a single interface and no switch one would need a 'bridge-vlan' config entry. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that.