Help Belkin RT3200 no Ethernet

I recently purchased a RT3200 and I was able to use the recovery installer signed, flash it with the systemupgrade and install luici. All seemed fine until I accidently screwed something up by adding eth0 to br-lan, then I removed both wans, then I removed eth0 from the br-lan and rebooted. After that I had 0 ethernet.

Next I held down the reset key and was able to get back into the router using the default 192.168.1.1, which I can still do. This resets the router and put it back in recovery mode which wants a firmware file. I can get to the loader in luci, select the firmware that I originally loaded from github (dangort), but that is as far as I get. I am not sure it actually reflashes because once it reboots I lose ethernet again.

The problem is as soon as I reboot the router from here I lose ethernet connectivity, even if I make zero changes.

So I am stuck in a cycle of resetting the modem and trying different things via ssh via the network config file, but nothing seems to help.
I am running
snapshot r25239-a3a33f02ce
I am not proficient in Linux, but I am very capable of understanding given input.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a feeling it is the default network config file as I remember the previous config file for the RT3200 referenced both 'eth0' and 'eth1', and also 'lan1' through 'lan4'. That is the config that worked, now the config file does not contain any reference to etho or eth1, only the 'lan' references. So I have a feeling that might be the issue. I can post post the exact file as needed.

Yes don't refer to eth ports. Use only the DSA names lan1 to lan4 and wan.

Allow to boot fully then hold down the reset button for more than 5 seconds and release it, it should reboot again. Log in and just to be sure, run firstboot on the CLI or click "reset to default settings" on the firmware page in the GUI. Reboot again and you should have default settings to start configuring.

Thank you for the reply. I can reboot into luci and it says recovery mode and I need to install a firmware upgrade. Once I do the upgrade, I lose connectivity, unless I reset the modem again and it goes back to the same state, which I then have to repeat.

They suggested nothing like that.

ssh in, and use 'firstboot && reboot'.

This should put everything back to a first boot situation.
Just follow their instructions. Rebooting into LuCI is nothing like what was suggested.

Thank you for the help, the first boot and reboot did resolve the issue.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.