I have around 20 devices connected to openwrt Access point. Randomly, internet on the one of the device become extremely slow. Disconnecting and reconnecting restores speeds.
version: 18.06 channel: 36 channel width: 80Mhz band: 802.11ac AP is 3x3:3 MIMO 5Ghz radio: QCA9880 driver: ath10k_pci version: 4.9.111 firmware-version: 10.2.4-1.0-00033
Running four SSIDs with VLAN: private, private-2g, devices and guests
Wireless Info on Macbook Pro
Macbook Pro 2015 3x3:3 MIMO Tx rate: between 975 and1053 Mbps mcs index: between 7 and 9 RSSI: -56 dBm Channel: 36 (5GHz, 80MHz)
iperf3 server: 1Gb wired linux box
iperf3 client: Macbook Pro 2015, high sierra.
Before reconnect: around 12-20 Mbps
After reconnect: around 320-340 Mbps
Before reconnect: around 140 Kbps - 1Mpbs
After reconnect: around 110-130 Mbps
- When problem occurs, the client is at different distances from the Access Point. But it's never at a range where the RSSI is below -60 dBm.
- Wifi readings on the laptop show excellent connection but the speeds are extremely slow.
- Another laptop placed literally right next to the problematic laptop has normal speeds.
- I checked it was DNS issue and changed the DNS servers.
- I also moved the location of the AP.
- logs don't show anything in particular
Connection is not dropped, it's just become really slow. It's not one particular client but random client at random times.