Hardware: PoE Access Point?

I am using a Zyxel NWA1123-AC powered via PoE currently.

Is there an alternative running LEDE available?

Requirements:

• ceiling mounted (smoke detector style)
  • PoE powered
  • multiple SSIDs

Ubiquiti unifi?

1 Like

Thanks a lot! (No idea why i missed this...)

Some more APs with PoE:
https://lede-project.org/toh/views/toh_admin_powersupply?dataflt[Device+Type*~]=ap&dataflt[Power+supply*~]=poe

Hm. Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC LR is not listet neither here (Table of Hardware: Powersupply), nor here (Table of Hardware: Ideal for LEDE), nor here (Table of Hardware).

But I found it here (Techdata: Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC LR) and therefore assume that it is supported. Is that right?

Wrong assumption.
The reason why this device does not appear in some toh-views: It is not supported. The Techdata page does not have any mention of it being supported, and no firmware image link.

BTW: Thanks for the hint with the powersupply-view. The devicetype of the AP AC LR was wrongly set to Wifi router, i/o Wifi AP. Fixed now.

Digging a bit deeper I found contradictory information on the devicepage https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/unifiac

• The OpenWrt dataentry says to use the unifiac image
  • The devicepage says to use the unifiac-pro image for the LR

If the LR runs with either the unifiac or the unifiac-pro image, we can update the LEDE dataentry accordingly.

EDIT:
In fact, the AP AC LR runs with the unifiac-lite image, acc. OpenWrt dataentry (which hasn't been updated after the renaming of unifiac to unifiac-lite, so I did this minutes ago).
Dataentry updated accordingly.

1 Like

In fact, the AP AC LR runs with the unifiac-lite image, acc. OpenWrt dataentry (which hasn’t been updated after the renaming of unifiac to unifiac-lite, so I did this minutes ago).
Dataentry updated accordingly.

Thanks. I'll buy a -LR.

Make sure to understand the installation procedure before buying it.

1 Like

LEDE Installation was easy.
The description here (openwrt.org: Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC) worked for me.

I followed the instructions of section 'Non-invasive method using mtd' and 'UniFi AP AC Lite devices'.
As opposed to this guide, I did not have to follow 'UniFi AP AC LR and UniFi AP AC Pro devices'.

Anyway. The Web interface is missing the switch configuration page (for VLAN configuration). I opened another Topic for this issue.