Guide for install Cyberghost VPN on NEXX WT 3020 with OpenWrt 18.06.02

Hi everyone,
there's some guide for install the Cyberghost VPN on my router NEXX WT 3020 whit OpenWRT 18.06.02? I find this

But I don't think I can use it.
Thanks

Why did you post this in the OpenWrt forum?
This guide seems to be for dd-wrt, not OpenWrt.

1 Like

Ok,
there's one for OpenWrt?

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/vpn/openvpn/client

I dont't understand what I must do for configurate it :stuck_out_tongue:

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-quick-start/sshadministration

I know how to connect by SSH to OpenWrt, I need to know if there's a guide can explain me how to do the connection.
I've these file

openvpn.ovpn
ca.crt
client.crt
client.key

I think i must put it into "/etc/openvpn/" but after??

Copy-paste your VPN profile aka *.ovpn file content in place of COPY_PASTE_CLIENT_PROFILE_HERE.

Use inline notation for certificates and keys, although user-friendly VPN providers do that work for you.

But I must create before a file "vpnclient.conf" right? And after I open "openvpn.ovpn" like a text file and I cut and pust in "vpnclient.conf", or I can rename the file .ovpn?

Basically, you rename *.ovpn to *.conf and include certs and keys there.

i renamed and inside there are the certs and keys, I restart the router but nothing.
I must use the part for commercial provider or Basic Client?

If they provide you additional username and password then sure.

Yes but where i must put the user and the pwd? Isn't all in the key? I remember you is Cyberghost VPN, you never install it?

According to the guide userneme and password should be stored in a separate file.
Those who have their own VPN server usually do not need username/password authentication.

Ok but I must create "vpnclient.auth" and this file where is recalled?

When you do this:

cat << "EOF" > /etc/openvpn/vpnclient.auth
YOUR_VPN_USERNAME
YOUR_VPN_PASSWORD
EOF

It creates the file /etc/openvpn/vpnclient.auth with your username and password.
See DD-WRT guide about those credentials:

Why if I find the file "vpnclient.auth" in ftp by WinSCP I don't find it but, in SSH if I do "ls" i find it?

I find it with WinSCP, now I insert the User and the PWD, I restart and I try.
Sea you.

It WORKS!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

@spider81man If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. (Click the pencil behind the topic...)

You can also mark the reply that solved your problem:
grafik