Going so well! ImageBuilder MV1000 - "update failed"

All going really well with building custom images and AWS S3 bootstrap on the AR750.

Then decided to try the same on MV1000. Created the images, unzipped from .gz and then uploaded the squashfs version via uboot.

Only to get this. And I cannot seem to find anything that will let me re-upload the factory GL image and figure out what I did wrong.

Any pointers? Or do I accept that this MV1000W is now a purple doorstop??!

"UPDATE FAILED
Something went wrong during update
Probably you have chosen wrong file (too big or too small) or you were trying to update ART on device with unknown FLASH type (and size) which is not allowed. Please, try again or contact with the author of this modification. You can also get more information during update in U-Boot console."

Well, serial/UART cable, randomly holding down the reset button, typing "gl" when you get the chance on boot up got me to a "MARVEL>" prompt.

At this point, I went with "httpd 172.16.0.1" and enter.
This allowed me to put my laptop on .2 and go to the web browser to firmware update - which it didn't before - then uploaded the OEM GL firmware.

Lesson learned - always have your USB/UART serial cable when all else fails!

Now, to figure why ImageBuilder --- make image PROFILE="glinet_gl-mv1000" --- base default image failed to work properly....

Now, to figure why ImageBuilder --- make image PROFILE="glinet_gl-mv1000" --- base default image failed to work properly....

Perhaps because support for the MV1000W has not yet been added. There may be just enough difference to matter.

I can confirm that the "default" manifests work for this image.

I had an erroneous file in the /etc/config folder baked into my image, which caused the device not to boot properly.

Onwards and upwards!