Going back to stock (re200)

VCC != high voltage

AC does not [necessarily] equal high voltage.

1. I did not mention high voltage...BUT, anything over 30V can hill a human, so it is relevant
  2. VCC would be 3.3 V DC
  3. We;re warning you about 120+ V AC, you haven't mentioned that yet
  4. Your belief that you're proving a pont to me will not save your life

So, again if you understand point 3, ok, as I said:

read the full line

I was told not to connect VCC
so all that about high voltage for nothing

meaning the other posts

You wrote 5 lines.

I'm done with this game, good day.

I'm done with people saying I don't know AC and DC but If you read it properly

I agree, read properly. Good day.

In these devices which plug directly into the wall, the high voltage area of the power supply usually ends in two wires that supply 5 volts or 3.3 volts to the rest of the router. So you can power up the unit safely while it is open by supplying a low voltage to that point instead of connecting to line voltage.

To crack the case open without a vise I would try a C clamp or other clamp squeezing on opposite sides directly over the seam.

2 Likes

Can anyone read

ITS NOT A ROUTER

OpenWrt software has the IPv4 and IPv6 ROUTING Kernel control enabled.

So please excuse everyone here for using the term "router".

This seems like a word semantics game...just think "embedded device".

Do you have more [honest] inquires about de-bricking your re200?

You also said we can't write. Rude.

It's irrelevant what you want to call it, it can perfectly well be used as a router. The instructions you've been given in this thread are the same regardless of how you want to use it or what name you call it, so stop raging and take a breath.

2 Likes

I'm mad now
I never said you can't write

It has no DSL or WAN port so it can not be used as a router

OK, sure.

Neverind.

You can assign ports in OpenWrt (and it still routes on the Layer 3 - IP level in its Kernel). So again:

That's not how a router is defined. At its basic, a router is a device that routes traffic between two or more networks -- you don't need DSL- or WAN-port for that, since it can e.g. happen over WiFi. The networks can even be entirely virtual and it'll still be routing.

2 Likes

@WereCatf - we're way past the OP's original question, and now they wanna debate: electricity, "is my device a router before we talk", etc.

We donno if the OP has even proceed to debrick they're device after 5+ weeks. they keep asking us if we know how to open it.

If they poke inside the hole they made...we might find out...

:zap: :skull_and_crossbones: :angel:

I am the OP of this post

1 Like

I know you are.

I have a name

So please don’t take about me like that

So we can end this the solution is going to be to buy another re200 now

I referenced a 3rd person. If you decide to delete your account, my reference would be relevent for posterity. My apologies, @Kcajminer2312.

(Why are you upset?)